Skip to content

Ways to Spice up a PC Paladin?

secretfiresecretfire Member Posts: 63
edited November 2013 in General Modding
I have played SoA a million million times. Just like the rest of you. I'm in the mood for a paladin, but mod-kits don't work yet. Anyone have any idea - through abusing EE shadowkeeper or otherwise - to make a paladin 'different' for a different playstyle? Just looking for a way to spice one up and try out something fun.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    be an undead hunter ( which in my opinion is the weakest kit, but it does have some perks) and don't use the holy avenger, start off with katana and use celestial fury then get some skill points in bastard sword and use foebane/ the purifier in ToB, infact maybe dual wield both those bastard swords, just for a little spice
  • MrTea1976MrTea1976 Member Posts: 20
    Not using 'standard' weapons is a good idea, or maybe use EEKeeper and play a holy warrior of differing alignment/god.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    You can try the Kit Revisions mod. It changes up the paladin abilities making them a bit more interesting to play. Plus since it overrides the existing kits, it works with bgee.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/kit_rev/
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    All the Paladin kits are great. I've played with all of them (Keldorn for Inquisitor)
    Undead Hunter ROCKS the first game and Cavaliers are great against all the hardest baddies in the game, and their remove fear makes them great for BG1. Khalid will never run too far.
    @booinyoureyes it kind of saddens me that I cant agree and like your post at the same time, because both options would work equally well :)
    i frequently have that problem on this board haha

i frequently have that problem on this board haha

(:

You know what makes the game interesting for a Paladin? Going all out Paladin style.
    My first complete SoA and ToB playthrough I was a female Undead Hunter (yeah I named her Buffy, what of it?)
    Then I got the total Paladin party

Keldorn Inquisitor: so. useful. His special truesight and dispell magic abilities are seriously on the brink of being overpowered. They are cast instantly and at 2x his level. He cuts through mages like they are wonderbread slices

Mazzy Fighter: She is basically a paladin and has many paladin special abilities (lay on hands, etc). She is seriously lawful good and a very cool character that I had never experienced before.

Anomen: F-->Cleric: Basically another knight. Second best cleric and a great fighter. Romance option for Buffy, lol.

Aerie: M/C Cuz she was lawful good

Imoen/Yoshimo/Imoen... because

play this party and play them serious lawful good. not lawful stupid... lawful good. Try to avoid conflict, try to not steal and pillage. It is a challenge that is worth taking and is a ton of fun.
  • stargazerbstargazerb Member Posts: 57
    I love playing cavaliers, I actually like them more than inquisitors because I find their spells so useful. The last playthrough I did sword and shield with Daystar in SoA and Foebane in ToB. The character was almost unstoppable...the rest of the party didn't always do very much, just provide support.

Sanctuary for positioning, draw upon holy might + any strength belt, and armor of faith make for a hell of a combination.
  • You know what makes the game interesting for a Paladin? Going all out Paladin style.
    My first complete SoA and ToB playthrough I was a female Undead Hunter (yeah I named her Buffy, what of it?)

You are my new hero. Does your gang of Scoobies have an opening?
    @Cyteen Damn! Now I have to make the whole group for my next Black Pits run!

Willow is a Wizard
    Buffy is a Undead Hunter
    Gonna make a vampire bounty hunter Spike
    Xander the Fighter
    Angel the Vampire Undead Hunter (oh the irony!)
    Giles the cleric
  • @booinyoureyes Nice! Just make sure that Angel falls at least once during your adventure...