Skip to content

BGII:EE Wanted features

Hi
I play BGII:EE a lot, so I enter and exit the game many times. It is beginning to annoy me all the "next" buttons I have to click to be able to play. (Why do I have to see the screen with info about the new NPC's every time I have to play???). I therefore suggest a feature which allows me to "quick load" as soon as I see the startup screen.

Comments

• InfiltratorInfiltrator Member Posts: 121
    Would be great if we could dual into a kit, as we are able to dual from one. Of course, this should only be possible if using a base starting class (so you can't dual from a kit to a kit, you can only have 1 base class and 1 kit or 2 base classes).
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    You can dual into a kit using EEKeeper:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/412272
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    Hm, I understand that EEkeeping a kit on your second class is mostly legal, but it blurs the line between "gaming" and "kicking a corpse down the street" if you'll pardon the metaphor, some things sound fun but when you really get down to it, it's hard, smelly and not generally acceptable. I, and I'm sure many other people I've seen who already add kits to their second class, would very much appreciate default support for it.

Also subraces questionmark?
  • InfiltratorInfiltrator Member Posts: 121
    Precisely what I wanted to say. I know you can EE into it, but it should be in by default.
  • FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
    I'd like to see an option where you can click on the journal entry in the dialogue box and have the journal pop up.
  • maximaxi Member Posts: 86
    I would like a better sprite for a multi fighter/mage when wearing a mage robe!
  • selkyraselkyra Member Posts: 54
    edited November 2013
    I'd like to load a game without closing my current one. It would come useful in situations where you mess something up and look for an older save. It would also be useful to have an "quit to desktop" in the game menu screen. Currently I have to go through three(?) different screens before I can close the game.

And minor thing... They should fix the issue with picking up items from the new "list" featured in the 1.2 patch. When I pick up stuff like healing potions the system puts them into separate slots instead of stacking them. Slightly annoying.
    Post edited by selkyra on
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    I'd like more Races (esp. Drow and Tieflings), more Kits (esp. Witch & Deathslayer) and better pathfinding (I know.. it's not going to happen - but anyway).
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    I want a new Halfling npc, tieflings and an option for the game to pause on wild surge
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    I'd love to see Tieflings too. Bladesinger would be a kit I'd like to play.
  • shrekdjshrekdj Member Posts: 50
    Firstly Remove the zoom in feature.

Secondly improve Ranger HLA tracking skill by making it a default skill (not HLA) and additionally increase the usefulness best suited, for eg: Tracking skill can spot even hidden thieves at certain level, can see through walls and detect good or evil instantly, etc

And now an important one::
    1. Introduce a radial on right-clicking a character (Any one who played Temple of Elemental Evil should get the point ;)) with certain options that cover the screen below (meaning they appear only when player selects a character rather having options below all the time) OR Add an option of AI scripts instead without going to character screen to change the defaults OR Something more interesting which I can share if this gets any attention or thought in future.
    2. Introduce more Interiors like beautiful structures to rest, visit or explore and save goodies just like a stronghold but we have more places than one stronghold. Also we can direct a party member to leave and stay in such places than usual options to add more variety. There are many other interesting ideas to make use of it.
    3. More life to athkatla and other areas by making people move, walk around, follow day to day routines, more dialogues among themselves, more peds and anything that can add in more immersion.
    4. Improve pathfinding of the AI
    5. Still enemies don't run away when useless in battle or their morale is dropped way too low. They just circle around and stand like a fool rather straightaway run without holding up. They should call for assistance or return with support and make surprise attacks. Yes I know these occurrences happen but are too rare or specific to certain low level monsters/humans. By making morale system uniform and more tight in scripting the effects on lowering them we could have some interesting variety. Of course this should affect party members as well.

There is More but To be continued later .....
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Please don't remove the zoom-in feature!
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    shrekdj said:

Firstly Remove the zoom in feature.

Pls no.

I like the zoom in feature. i find the game almost unplayable if you don't have the zoom in all the sprites are so darn small

Sorry, It's my wish.. lol..no need to take it in a bad way please :)
    It's just that I am used to playing in 800x600 resolution for so many years it makes no difference to me. The default resolution with no zoom is the best experience except for new players but if you try it you will get the best old school feel.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    shrekdj said:

It's just that I am used to playing in 800x600 resolution for so many years it makes no difference to me. The default resolution with no zoom is the best experience except for new players but if you try it you will get the best old school feel.

But isn't it the best to just use the original or GOG version if you want to experience the best old school feel?
    Kurumi said:

shrekdj said:

But isn't it the best to just use the original or GOG version if you want to experience the best old school feel?
    When you compare the default resolution among them I noticed some differences:
    1. Pixelation of ground areas is almost next to none on BG2:EE. In GOG even on 32 bit mode it looked dull and bland.
    2. In GOG for some reason 3D acceleration causes crash on certain spell effects which till now hasn't been an issue with BG2:EE
    3. Certain new features, contents and flexibility with mods (albeit still not complete) has aroused my interest for BG2 to play it again with enhanced mode.
    And lastly, the default resolution in BG2:EE looks sweet and much clean colourful as I always wanted to see just like TOEE :)
    Its so beautiful now. Loving it.
  • HandofTyrHandofTyr Member Posts: 106
    Not really an interface feature, but I'd like to see more high end armors and shields. We get +5 and even +6 weapons, but no matching armor, shields, and maybe rings/cloaks of protection. Something is wrong when some of the best defensive items are weapons with resistances on them.
  • suddenly_humansuddenly_human Member Posts: 22
    I'd like them to clean up the videos. I know I am in the minority when it comes to liking most of the new ones in BG:EE but keeping the original ones in BG2:EE just looks ugly. Keep the content of the originals but re-render them so they don't look like pixelated junk.

Get rid of the day/night transition video. It isn't appropriate for a lot of areas e.g. the sun is setting on Trademeet when you are in Athkatla. Ideally replace it with a slow light transition - I know this is a lot harder than it sounds but would really make the game more immersive.

Have different videos for the different quality of bedrooms in inns. These are just a few.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE what Overhaul are doing but they have a loooong way to go before it's really a polished rendition of the classic.
  • KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
    The feature I want is to be able put NPCs from the main game into your Black Pits party.
  • WayniacWayniac Member Posts: 132
    I would like more lengthy quests for NPCs other than just the new characters. As it stands now, I feel like my main incentive for the new characters is the lengthy quests that accompany them (which is awesome, btw). I feel like this creates an unbalance for the NPCs that already existed in BG2, though. As it stands now, there are specific quests for them, but you don't necessarily need them in your party to accomplish those quests (De'Arnise Hold or Planar Sphere). I think it would be great if we could gain access to some new areas or new quests, but only if we had certain NPCs that are already present in our party. It would be really cool if there were a new area in the Underdark that can be accessed only if you have Viconia in your party or an area filled with winged mage/clerics that can be found only if your party has Aerie.
    @Wayniac, I agree, it would have been more interesting if they added more material for the old characters. But unfortunately they couldn't do that for contract-related reasons.
    Kaxon said:

@Wayniac, I agree, it would have been more interesting if they added more material for the old characters. But unfortunately they couldn't do that for contract-related reasons.

I thought they just weren't allowed to change currently existing material. They aren't allowed to add new material pertaining to old characters either?
    Hmm, I'm not sure. If they were allowed to add new material, they really should have done it. More Minsc!
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I want the highlight known spells feature.
    I loved that feature.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Wayniac said:

Kaxon said:

I thought they just weren't allowed to change currently existing material. They aren't allowed to add new material pertaining to old characters either?
    They clearly are, since otherwise you wouldn't be able to have scenes like Viconia bickering with Rasaad or Dorn conflicting with Anomen and Keldorn.
    @Eudaemonium: that's a good point.

So I go back to my original request, @Kaxon.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Its possible the contractual waters are a bit murky, to be honest. They (almost invariably) need to have any new content vetted by their contractual partners. It might be possible for them to say… add a dungeon like Durlag's Tower that contains extra dialogue with some of the NPCs, but not actually add content specifically geared towards, e.g. Minsc.

Not that anyone should ever add content about Minsc. He's barely endurable as it is.