Skip to content

crash (in ati drivers)

CapozzzCapozzz Member Posts: 8
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
The game crashes when I try to talk to Bernard in the copper coronet after the fight between Hendax and Lethinan or when I try to level up Yoshimo. The game redirects me here
http://www.beamdog.com/support/783?error=1073807364&lang=it
Where it says Error 404: page not found
Please help.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    If you don't have any mods, and you already tried to update/redownload the game and you still experience the crash, please send the crash dump to @Dee
  • CapozzzCapozzz Member Posts: 8
    Thanks a lot, i have no mods and installed the 1.20 patch, but nothing. Shall I send just the link?
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited December 2013
    @Capozzz: In your Windows Installation, under your My Documents area (Documents in Win 7), you'll see a directory entitled "Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition" (something like that, it'll be obvious). In there you will see a "crash" directory.

If the game dumped out with a crash, it will have produced a crash dump in that directory. Zip it with your baldur.exe file from your game installation directory. To get there, open the BeamDog Launcher, Right Click your Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition and select "Open Game Location" from the pop up menu.

Once you have the crash dump and the baldur.exe file zipped together, you'll want to either attach that to the thread here using the "Attach a File" link under the "Leave a Comment" box, or email it to @Dee.

If you need further information, please let me know what OS you're on and where you installed your game.
    Ok thanks a lot for the support. Here's the zipped file. I'm on a WINXP system. The game is installed in C:\Programs\folder
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2013
    The .exe in this pack is likely the standalone client. You don't have to add it to the packs.

Both of the crashes happened in the ati graphics drivers, so i would suggest: try to update your graphics drivers.
    Problem solved as you said: by updating graphic drivers. Thanks a lot and may Waukeen be with you!