Comments

• KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Whoops. Sorry to make thread-cloning :P
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited December 2012
    Merged all the duplicates.

Thanks @Anton
  • RhymeRhyme Member Posts: 190
    I always assumed that the sprites were based on limited animations, and the need to display items. For example, when the OP wrote about wanting his F/T to look like a thief instead of a fighter, my first thought was, "How would it show you wearing a helmet?"

But then I remembered the UAI HLA for rogues, and for the life of me I can't remember how that worked. I didn't use a lot of single-class rogues. Did the helmets just not show? Or were rogues un-hooded in BG2?

With the mods that let you change your appearance, were there issues with showing the proper equipment? Could you have a mage sprite dual weilding katanas?
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Rhyme said:

But then I remembered the UAI HLA for rogues, and for the life of me I can't remember how that worked. I didn't use a lot of single-class rogues. Did the helmets just not show?

Helmets didn't show, even on unhooded thief sprite.
  • TarraskTarrask Member Posts: 2
    Yep, basically the first minor thing I was looking forward to about BG:EE. Sad to see it wasn't put in.
  • TarraskTarrask Member Posts: 2
    Rhyme said:

With the mods that let you change your appearance, were there issues with showing the proper equipment? Could you have a mage sprite dual weilding katanas?

Yep, I used to have my fighter/mage who dual wielded Crom Faeyr and Blackrazor/Celestial Fury in robes of the Archmage in BG Tutu

• TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    I support some version of this in game
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    1pp's avatar switching works on BGEE. For those unfamiliar with this mod, it basically does what everyone wants. When you have a dual or multi classed character, it shows the correct avatar based on what armor you're wearing. You don't have to do anything, it just knows.
  • ProbeProbe Member Posts: 80
    It gives me fatal error cant find dialog tlk
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    I'm using BG2 Tweaks v14 for this now, but it might not do exactly as you want. Check out the readme tho, it's a lot better than not having it.