Skip to content

What is your favourite NPC in BGEE? *Possible spoilers for BGEE and BG2EE*

2»

Comments

• TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    Xan and Minsc, hands down my two favourites. Having them both is especially amusing even though they have no banter specific to either. It's just funny having one person so completely excited to be out adventuring, and another being so pessimistic about the whole thing.
    elminsterbooinyoureyesQuartzFenghoang
  • sylvanussylvanus Member Posts: 27
    For some strange reason I really like Faldorn. Having to use druid spells makes the game more interesting for me.
    elminsterAyiekie
  • KhalKhal Member Posts: 53
    I personally like Dorn. Maybe I just picked a boring team, but he is the only one of all of them who really has a story
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Khal said:

I personally like Dorn. Maybe I just picked a boring team, but he is the only one of all of them who really has a story

bcuz it's BG1 without the NPC Project mod
    Quartz
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited December 2013
    1. With NPC Project Imoen without then Minsc (and Boo) are my classic favorites, though I always loved Ajantis and Kivan as a cool good cop/bad cop team up. I also need to give points to how entertaining Edwin, Xzar and Montaron were. I think Monty is the most under-rated character in the game. His voice and his lines are awesome.

2. Keldorn, Minsc/Imoen and Yoshimo in that order. Keldorn was different being an older character and I loved seeing someone actually be Lawful Good rather than Naive Good or Lawful Stupid. His class and persona made him the coolest to my 14 yo self. loved his line "we shall strike a blow deep into evils heart... there is no more worthy a cause)
    Minsc is Minsc and Imoen is your sister. Yoshimo would be higher if he didn't have the second half of his story. His voice acting: incredible. His lines/personality: amusing and cool His class kit: super awesome. His portrait: badass
    Finally... the TOB only NPC was awesome and rocked my socks off when I first recruited him. His progression through the game with your ability to change his outlook was something I enjoyed, though I know a lot of other people found it meh. I thought that he really fit into the story at that point, and the epicness of the events in that game needed a character like that.
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    Of the new NPCs, Rasaad is adorably endearing.
    Of the old ones, Coran was one suave and ridiculously useful character to have around. Xan also made me laugh a lot :D
    booinyoureyes
  • Raphite01Raphite01 Member Posts: 20
    sarevok57 said:

... ( this isn't a spoiler because you cant avoid it) ...

Argh, that is a HUGE spoiler! You can't avoid what happens in a movie, but it's still a spoiler when someone tells you the plot twists!

BG1: Dorn, also Viconia.

BG2: Mazzy. So much cooler than the actual paladins.

Many BG characters are painful fantasy/D&D stereotypes, but I still enjoy the ones listed above.

elminsterMuppetLovers
  • StylianosStylianos Member Posts: 3
    I like Viconia and Neera and this is my story as a Blackguard : = TASTE MY POWER :3
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Raphite01 said:

sarevok57 said:

... ( this isn't a spoiler because you cant avoid it) ...

Argh, that is a HUGE spoiler! You can't avoid what happens in a movie, but it's still a spoiler when someone tells you the plot twists!

BG1: Dorn, also Viconia.

BG2: Mazzy. So much cooler than the actual paladins.

Many BG characters are painful fantasy/D&D stereotypes, but I still enjoy the ones listed above.

I just changed the title in case anyone else posts spoilers for either game.
    JuliusBorisovMuppetLovers
  • CarunCarun Member Posts: 2
    Minsc, because he is a real adventurer! He is enjoy every fight, funny and very dangeorus with the two handed sword (and bow, of course) :)
  • steelchasersteelchaser Member Posts: 72
    Ne’er a and Coran for me.