Skip to content

Steam Autumn Sales (Advice Wanted!)

13»

Comments

• Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    There was also the ability to customize your armor since there was a left and right slot for the appropriate armor slots, and a ton custom variations of light med and heavy instead of just generic gear light and heavy. Actually Daggerfall was the largest, and while the interactivity of the guilds may have been better in oblivion the number of guilds were cut in 1/2 or less if you don't count the arena. I liked oblivion much more than Skyrim, but Bethesda just keeps putting out worse and worse games i.e. nights of the nine add on, Hunted, Fallout NV, Dishonored, Skryrim and all of its add ons all. I was such a huge fan once upon a time fool me 8 times shame on you fool me 9 shame on me lol.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

There was also the ability to customize your armor since there was a left and right slot for the appropriate armor slots, and a ton custom variations of light med and heavy instead of just generic gear light and heavy. Actually Daggerfall was the largest, and while the interactivity of the guilds may have been better in oblivion the number of guilds were cut in 1/2 or less if you don't count the arena. I liked oblivion much more than Skyrim, but Bethesda just keeps putting out worse and worse games i.e. nights of the nine add on, Hunted, Fallout NV, Dishonored, Skryrim and all of its add ons all. I was such a huge fan once upon a time fool me 8 times shame on you fool me 9 shame on me lol.

I guess I just don't see the problem. I like all the games, new and old. I didn't even play Daggerfall and Arena once, I've replayed even them. I think where before they were putting out more less quality content now they are putting out less high quality content. both ways work for me I think. I had many Oblivion playthroughs where I found new quests at random settlements. Not much after the many I've been through, but they were still of higher quality than many of Morrowind's, though in that case I can still have playthroughs where I find something new.
    edited December 2013
    Lol The points I brought up are obvious examples of lower quality, short cuts, and regression of game play I'll add another... there were half as many items you could gather and a much weaker crafting system in oblivion. The only thing that could be considered low quality in Morrowind is the combat as both Daggerfall and oblivion both had better systems. The randomly generated content in Daggerfall fits into your comment though. Note: I don't know what you consider playing a game one of my morrowind play throughs took me 2 years and I didn't even complete the main story It halted because my xbox was stolen.

“Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.” - Ayn Rand

Lol The points I brought up are obvious examples of lower quality, short cuts, and regression of game play I'll add another... there were half as many items you could gather and a much weaker crafting system in oblivion. The only thing that could be considered low quality in Morrowind is the combat as both Daggerfall and oblivion both had better systems. The randomly generated content in Daggerfall fits into your comment though. Note: I don't know what you consider playing a game one of my morrowind play throughs took me 2 years and I didn't even complete the main story It halted because my xbox was stolen.

“Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.” - Ayn Rand

I mostly just mean I never felt a purpose in many of the things I was doing, other than the main quest. I found the guilds just a lot better in Oblivion as they had more of a story to them. I can't believe I am arguing over two games I love though. I really do love them both, but I find Oblivion better. I still play them all every once in a while too. The worst thing about Oblivion that you have yet to bring up though is, for me, the leveling of enemies. In Morrowind I could run into that ruin in the north where the guy in ebony armor is. In oblivion I can't see ebony armor until something like level 15. My biggest hate for that is just that the jumps seem too big, like going from scamps to clanfears is a lot so the game goes from easy to extremely difficult (at least for me, I hate Oblivion clanfears).
    Yea that was another aspect I enjoyed if you fell off a cliff near a dhedra shrine early game you were in trouble as opposed to scaling enemies. Even though you could get great armor like the ebony or lords mail early on it didn't really matter because you pretty much remained weak as a kitten till you had enough money to train your skills.
    edited December 2013
    back on the topic of civilization, I just got back from killing Huns (for the third time). this time I only left them with one city. my glorious navy returns to my lands victorious :)

edit: bummer, couldn't get the screenshot to work. weird tga format

edit 2: there we go captured with bandicam :)
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257

Almateria said:

Multi player is really important on dark souls and It is more than worth it so buy it. Skyrim is horrid, but if your really want it pirate it. You can play playstation games (FF7) on your computer with psx it is a playstation emulator and it is free or you could pirate the pc game if it is the only playstation game you would like to play again. What do they teach you kids in school these days... dam kids and there rap music.

I wouldn't advertise pirating much. The only time I really did so was when I was getting games I already owned on console, but I made a legal purchase when they went on sale. Also down with rap! I despise it. I like lyrics with a meaning, so I go to Rise Against and other punk bands.
    I'm gonna cut you down
    ummmm..... what?
    Rap is God's own music.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    The eternal 'Morrowind vs other Bethesda games' argument... *sigh* Can't we just agree different people got different tastes? I got +200 hours in Skyrim and am totally in love with it.
    Right some people eat poop and others prefer a more quality meal. The title will continue to decline as long as rubes continue to be complacent. It doesn't really matter someone better will just replace bethesda and I for one can't wait. If we are lucky from software will do a new kings field after dark souls 2.
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    While I agree that people who like Morrowind are immense tools, you shouldn't call them poop eaters

Right some people eat poop and others prefer a more quality meal. The title will continue to decline as long as rubes continue to be complacent. It doesn't really matter someone better will just replace bethesda and I for one can't wait. If we are lucky from software will do a new kings field after dark souls 2.

Are you implying I 'eat poop' because I like Skyrim? You better tone down your condescending attitude, or I might have to summon @Dee...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Almteria I also told YOU to stop it, you know I won't care if you get banned, in fact, it could make me happier, and @KItteh_On_A_Cloud don't care for what they say, if you like something you should only worry about what you like and not about what others say, the Beatles also have a song about this, but not THAT much like the other one. Oh, and don't hearing the others is evil and selfish, but if you dislike what they are saying it isn't evil or selfish at all, and if they are saying it to hurt you, much less.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    CrevsDaak said:

you should only worry about what you like and not about what others say, the Beatles also have a song about this

@CrevsDaak
    But I don't like the Beatles, the Rolling Stones are much better :p
    Erg said:

CrevsDaak said:

you should only worry about what you like and not about what others say, the Beatles also have a song about this

@CrevsDaak
    But I don't like the Beatles, the Rolling Stones are much better :p
    I don't like either. Mark Knopfler is the best! :D Nothing can beat 'Money For Nothing' or 'The Sultans of Swing' *fangirlsquee*
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Erg you made a groooown maaaan cryyyy!!! Yeah, The Rolling Stone are also part of my favorites, besides Led Zeppelin, Peter Gabriel's Genesis (I don't like the band anymore after he leaved), the Who, and some others.
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud some weeks ago I saw a video of Mick Jagger singing, but HE WASN'T MOVING, HE WAS STANDING STILL OVER THE SAME PLACE, and not to mention the number of girls screaming >.< you couldn't hear a single shit, they screamed like WAEEEEEEEEEEHEEEEEEEEAEEEEEEEEE!!! all the time and you couldn't hear more than the screams, even with the screams, I liked it, anyway.