Skip to content

Are angry, happy or indifferent?

DeathKnightDeathKnight Member Posts: 93
Well, now 2 is out. You have probably played enough and progressed in game. From what you are seeing, specifically corrections of bugs/glitches/exploits, are you angry, happy or the same as of old?
  1. Are angry, happy or indifferent?55 votes
    1. I am very happy and satisfied! Now no one may cheat and no stoopid powergamer may enjoy his game! To hell with the original, bury the stuff!
      43.64%
    2. I am very angry, damn! I cannot keep my items from 1, i cannot abuse xp, i cannot have endless money, i cannot duplicate items, i cannot have my planetar army, i cannot summon more than 5 monsters at the same battle, i cannot eliminate wild surges, i cannot enjoy my game at all comparatively to the original! Give me back my original NOW!
        7.27%
    3. I do not feel anything special. As long as it is BG, i don't care.
      27.27%
    4. Stop the polls now and go play wow, you freak!
      21.82%

Comments

• AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    Other: I enjoy the game, and am generally happy with it (I like Hexxat, Black Pits 2 looks really neat and much more interesting than the first, new plotlines are fun as far as I've seen them), but I feel the amount of bugs left in it (the lack of the promised feature carrying over a romance, the clunkiness of importing characters from BG1, the glitchiness of things like starting off Hexxat's romance, etc) are somewhat unacceptable and that patching needs to happen.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Xcidium said:

Some questions are best left to aged sages.

Agreed.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    There are powergamers, and then there are cheaters :)
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Apathy is the only appropriate response on polls.
    moody_mageErg
    I demand that my lack of opinion be heard!
    booinyoureyes
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    What the hell does the first response even mean?
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    Well the graphics look somewhat smoother... some bugs are fixed some new bugs introduced... new content is mostly ok though I could do without... mostly for me it's just an excuse to play BG2 again :).
  • LathraelLathrael Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2013
    BG 2 is an easy game already, so exploits don't mean much. But I'm not that happy about the rest of the things that are delivered. Many things feel rushed, dialogs looks out of the place (hardest part to do it right i think so i don't blame them much), misc. voice actings are terrible, even new UI looks nice new content does not have anything to differ itself from amateurish fan-made mods.

About game balance, they still did not touch many of the problematic aspects of the old BG2.

GJ on giving a good example of bias when creating the poll.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Pointless poll is pointless.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I played the beta, but for my serious, retail, kickass hardcore EE trilogy playthrough I can't start BG2:EE without first doing an in-depth, full-experience playthrough of BG:EE to export from. And I couldn't do that and do it justice until just now as I didn't have the BG1 NPC Project available. So I didn't really start BG2:EE yet, but based on the beta experience I certainly expect to end up happy.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Since I still having the original and haven't bought BG2:EE yet, I am bad because they fixed the exploits, but the good thing is that at least I will complete a run without cheating.
    jackjack
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Closing exploits is a good thing.

If you want all your items at the beginning, console them in.
    If you want xp: console it in
    If you want endless money: console it in
    If you want to duplicate items: console them in
    Cannot summon more than 5 monsters or have a plantary army: con....er mod them in.

Or enjoy the game the way it was suppose to be enjoyed.
    CrevsDaakBasillicumnsrbooinyoureyes
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    @Tsyrith infinite summoning Fallen Planetars is in vanilla also, that's why II ever make Jan Yawnsen select Fallen instead of Celestial XD cheese FTW!!!
    Also nice fast image editing with Preview XD I also use Mac :P
    Tsyrith
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Just edit summlimt.2da so that the entry for "celestial" is more than 1.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I'm hungry
    Silverstar
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    i put im very happy but NEVER bury the old stuff, the original versions are amazing, this is just amazing with icing
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Great with fixes
  • mothrpemothrpe Member Posts: 1
    Im dissapointed by the enhancements. I'd rather see noticeable improvement to graphics, at the very least some ability to try and configure different scaling filters and such. Would be nice to see new graphic assets too. That would be more compelling to me than additional content.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Can't I pick all of the above? ;)
    BasillicumPantalionmch202booinyoureyes
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    I stand by my decision.
    Lathrael

I stand by my decision.

You have to, with the way polls work here :)
    booinyoureyes
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Most of the time, I'm goofy.
    booinyoureyes
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I don't think polls should have more than 5 words per option with the exception of humor, of course.
  • DeathKnightDeathKnight Member Posts: 93
    Heheh. The last opinion was added for humor. Happy to see many people consider wow as the recycle bin or something, A.K.A. go to hell you and your polls! Healhty thinking, nonetheless! Regardless, i like polls, i always enjoy hearing other people's opinions, comparing and contrasting. Statistics are nice and useful.

But i was really unsatisfied. I really liked the glitches and exploits of the originals. I do not use console and neither like it. The bugs; good thing they were corrected. But glitches, hell no. They gave an entirely different feel to the game, as if it was a different game entirely. Moist grass is burned alongside with the dry one, inevitably. At least some serious bugs were corrected.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

Happy to see many people consider wow as the recycle bin or something, A.K.A. go to hell you and your polls!

I actually consider it to be one of the best MMORPGs out there, certainly within the fantasy settings at least. There's a lot of things about it I'd want different for sure, but it's still good. There's a lot of things I'd want different in most MMORPGs usually though. But then I'm one of those weird mythological creatures that can like and play more than one of the things without feeling compelled to hate all the others.