Skip to content

Who wants Minsc(and boo) to still be in later Baldur's Gate games.

KraytKnightKraytKnight Member Posts: 31
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
  1. Who wants Minsc(and boo) to still be in later Baldur's Gate games.131 votes
    1. Yes, Same Minsc, and boo
      51.15%
    2. Yes, But with changes
      16.03%
    3. No
      32.82%
WithinAmnesia

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Later bg gsmes will take place 100 years after tob, minsc is human, which means he is dead.

Thogh i dont know what is the miniature giant space hamster life-span
    MedillenHvitrEbrithil
  • KraytKnightKraytKnight Member Posts: 31
    Hmm probably, but hopefully there will be an Minsc descendant. Because he was hilarious and a very useful npc.
    mch202HvitrEbrithil
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    If he is any future games at all, it would have to be just a cameo appearance.
    HvitrEbrithil
  • MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
    "Ehh? Where have you brought us boo? I am duly impressed by your great show of powers but... a little forewarning would have been nice. No matter, wherever evil treads, MINSC TREADS LOUDER!"

Long story short, Minsc falls through time with Boo :D Or you could do something like having him getting stuck in some sort of stasis prison thing, and you free him! There's totally like a million ways you could have a reunion with Minsc and Boo!
    KraytKnightAldarkHvitrEbrithil
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Lol, its hard to imagine a BG game without Minsc and Boo. Not sure how they could pull off Minsc being in BG3 though.
    KraytKnight
    Here is one possibility, he could be frozen in stone, and could be given the choice to use stone to flesh.
    MooseChangerPatEvinfuiltSyntia13
    @KraytKnight Yes, that seems like a good way to do things :D (And also better than my stasis idea) If you REALLY wanted, you could have him suffer another traumatic head wound so that he forgot most of his epic adventuring skills, and can start from fresh with your party! Brilliant right?
    EvinfuiltHvitrEbrithil
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    I say keep Boo, and bring Minsc great great great great grand daughter ! :)
    Syntia13
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Medillen said:

I say keep Boo, and bring Minsc great great great great grand daughter ! :)

Only if she's bald and crazy.

MedillenCentoparHvitrEbrithil
    @Tanthalas That would be hilarious, and weird lol.
    @Tanthalas I don't know, if you've played NWN2 MOTB you'd see that Rasheman isn't very nice towards bald chicks xD.
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    Let us not forget that Boo as an Intergalactic space hamster has great superpowers way beyond our imagination, so time-space travel for him and Minsc is simple like bitting a drunk xvart :)
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    No brainer for me. Those guys are awesome.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Not as a party member, but there just so I can critical hit backstab him and watch him burst into a hundred pieces.
    QuartzMortianna
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    No. I think the whole Minsc obsession has been blown out of proportion. He's a good character, for sure, but there isn't a lot of depth to him. All he has to offer are some one-liners here and there and the fact that he carries a hamster isn't all that interesting after the first five minutes. I would really prefer a character more in line with Morte, than Minsc.

I'm really looking forward to the new characters that have been introduced in BGEE and have no problem ditching Minsc for them, if just to see what they're like.
    Awong124
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Minsc and Boo are Minsc and Boo and they shall not be separated! I say Minsc and Boo gain immortality just for being around the protagonist. Don't you agree? It seems fair. Anyone?
  • Just as Boo is a non-removable object from Minsc, the pair are non-removable from Faerun. Amazing what portals can do. :-)
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I envisage a wise old rodent, long in tooth and whisker. Tending the lost grave of some forgotten ranger, in some unremarkable yet remote place, for years uncounted.
    AzL0n
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    Today it's Minsc, tomorrow Dynaheir, then Xzar, Montaron, Coran, Safana, Yeslick... Are you sure you want BG3 ?
    Quartz
  • siriuslukesiriusluke Member Posts: 31
    mch202 said:

Later bg gsmes will take place 100 years after tob

Is this information confirmed or are you just saying? If the info's correct, can someone provide a link to the source of this announcement thanks.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    A cameo would be nice. Maybe a statue somewhere somewhere :)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I love Minsc, which is good. And "it is the face of Minsc that the ladies love".

• Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    No, game is done let old characters rest. Minsc went his ways and died in battle or of age. Let us remember him in his glory and not like an always returning zombie shell.
    DrugarQuartz
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    No, BUT i would not mind easter eggs, like tomb stones or a book or some such mentioning him.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    As long as he's no joinable NPC, I'm ok with it. I mean, by the ending of Throne of Bhaal, Minsc alone can destroy an entire army while sending Boo into battling the evil eyes, YAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Maybe a Rashemeni Berserker from the Space Hamster Lodge that was started in the name/memory of Minsc after BG2. Imagine a set of Rashemeni Berserkers who all have miniature hamsters, just like Boo! (Boo's numerous progeny!) and who are known for throwing themselves into battle like their hero?
  • AshielAshiel Member Posts: 254
    It's not Baldur's Gate without Minsc and Boo.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    I think it would be stretching it to try to include Minsc as a living person. Remember Trademeet how a statue of yourself and your party is put up in the center? Maybe there could be something like that. Some characters could still be around though, like the elves and half-elves or characters who have figured out how to extend their own lifespan (I think several of the characters become archmages, isn't that standard for an archmage?).
  • Washcloth_RepairmanWashcloth_Repairman Member Posts: 35
    @Drugar Based on this, I honestly don't wan't another Baldur's Gate game. I'd be thrilled to have another Forgotten Realms game, but Baldur's Gate is, to me, the Bhaalspawn's story, and that's over. We could call it Baldur's Gate 3, but it wouldn't be. Not really. Not even if it took place in Baldur's Gate.

Does Wizards have a no-unsupported rulesets rule (no pun intended)? Because I'm really not a fan of 4th Ed. 3rd is okay, but if it were up to me it would be all about 2nd Ed. Maybe that's just my inner fanboy nerdgasming.