Skip to content

druid and evil

Right now im running a fighter/druid and would like to get hexxat and dorn but having doubts from a rp point of view. Would it seem likely someone who seeks to become the ultimate natural hunter/predator teams with a bg and hexxat as well as killing the silver dragon viewing it as the ultimate prey/test? Charname is feral too

Comments

• KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Well.. if you look how far Faldorn went to achieve her goals or if you consider Druids of Malar, then I see no problem.
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    Perhaps your druid perceives an imbalance in nature toward the good side. In this situation a druid would be expected to fight against good to restore the balance, and it would not be too unreasonable for him or her to enlist evil allies to do so.

After all, once balance is restored, you can always avoid overcorrection by killing any of them that might hypothetically *need* to be killed.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I always found the 2nd edition (the dungeons and dragons ruleset that this game was based on) druid restrictions to be absurd.

You could definitely play an evil druid. As Kurumi said Faldorn certainly trends toward evil. Jaheira is really a good aligned character in reality, and many mods make her "neutral good".
    If I was you I'd do what I wanted.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Yes, you know that Faldorn, whom you will *spoiler, spoiler, yada, yada* is a "*Shadow* Druid", right? Druids can be quite evil by the standards of say, a Paladin. That "neutral" label pretty much gives you carte blanche to do anything you darn well please.

Your Charname might even consider that *her* vision of "Nature" is the correct balance of the Universe, and she will do anything and everything to force her own vision of balance on anything and everything.

I believe my last sentence just encapsulated the Shadow Druids' philosophy of life, "in a nutshell" (pun intended). "Neutral", indeed. "Evil", by any other name.

"Ah, Romeo, but does not a Skunk by any other name smell just as putrid?"
  • Druids get a bit of leeway in their true neutrality because it's the only way to make them function. I think the trickier part about Dorn and Hexxat is the source of their powers. Dorn gets his abilities from extraplanar meddling, and Hexxat is, well, Hexxat. I think it's workable, though; Dorn's patron seems more interested in going after the servants of good deities than in disrupting the natural order, and Hexxat is very clear on not wanting to make others like her, so there's some wiggle room for an uneasy alliance.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Druids are fun though. I plan on getting Wilson in my Avenger's party and pretend he is Smokey the Bear