Skip to content

Neverwinter MMORPG... worth playing?

Laker_RangerLaker_Ranger Member Posts: 11
I was wondering if anybody had any impressions of the Neverwinter MMORPG? Is the community friendly to newcomers (who may suck at the game)?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    I would only play it if it is 2E or 3.5E by far.
    Then, MEH!!
    Also, you should hear to Firebead Elvenhair, "Is it hard to find, decent folk nowadays", starting by.....
    I, the Lord of Chaos.

Then, do what you want, I really recommend you Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale and Diablo II, you won't even need society with those games, really, you get very vicious.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    It's not an MMO worth playing. It's a Pay-to-win grind-fest by the idiots of Perfect World. It's only redeeming factor is that the combat is kind of fun. But that's literally it.

Did you know some people actually paid $200 for that game?
    kamuizinlolien
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    If you have not played DDO hit it up it is amazing 2nd favorite mmo. The only downside is lack of pvp.

Gw2
    DDO
    swtor
    drakensang
    wow for 7 years
  • civian1991civian1991 Member Posts: 57
    It's ok, a wee bit repetitive and there's only one server so it disconnects a lot of the time, even though my internet is pretty good. I'm actually trying to connect now, and it keeps timing out GAH!

That aside, its based on Forgotten Realms lore (thats why I started playing) and fun if you con your friends into playing it too.

Personally, I don't care much for MMO's, because I need good stories and need to be the epicenter of the game to enjoy it.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Flashburn said:

It's not an MMO worth playing. It's a Pay-to-win grind-fest by the idiots of Perfect World. It's only redeeming factor is that the combat is kind of fun. But that's literally it.

Did you know some people actually paid $200 for that game?

I liked Perfect World, never had gone much far there as i wasted pratically no money in the game, but still managed to achieve level 80.

To answer the OP, I gave a try to Neverwinter Online in the early of this year (about april/june more or less if i'm not wrong), so believe me when i say it's a game made to force you to waste money on it, Perfect World is fair and just in comparison with Neverwinter Online.

First of all, that ISN'T D&D, frist and foremost. That said, you get a basic MMORPG game style a la LineAge, with some story elements related with D&D 4° Edition. I enjoyed a bit the first moments of the story, but then later i just rushed to end the questlines (and you do that very fast in fact, as the level cap is low and more than 80% of ppl on that game are aleady in the maxed level).

You maybe enjoy it for the first two weeks, but from the 3° foward you will start to develop a feeling of disapointment.