Skip to content

How do you get to the bandit camp?

sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
I just recently came here and I was wondering, how do you usually find your way here? I usually take the Peldvale route
  1. How do you get to the bandit camp?93 votes
    1. Via Peldvale
      16.13%
    2. Via Larswood
      17.20%
    3. Via Tranzig
      60.22%
    4. Who is Tranzig?
        6.45%

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    well I usually do tranzig then go to one of the bandit groups because I find it fun going in undercover so I should have thought it out before making my vote
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Practice practice practice?

Tranzig because in BGT you got a bag of holding off him.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I usually join via one of the groups of bandits in Peldvale or Larswood, so I can worm my way in as a "new recruit" instead of having to fight the entire camp.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I enjoy the initial Tazok encounter you get when recruited, so I usually go via Larswood after visiting Tranzig.
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    First Tranzig, then massacre everyone in Larswood and Pelvale, then go to the camp. Since I use Kivan, recruitment doesn't work. Plus you miss out on the experience of the recruiters.
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    Can't you just walk there once you trigger the appropriate chapter? That's what I do from memory.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I went with Tranzig maybe twice. I like fighting the entire camp, so I usually slaughter the bandits in Larswood instead of joining. It's the first bigger battle in the story and way more satisfying than slaughtering the xvart village or gnoll stronghold or other mobs of 'all same enemy with same weapon coming down same road'.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I decided to take Drizzt's advice and insinuate their ranks. I take Teven in Larswood after killing the ones in Peldvale since the guy in Peldvale has a warhammer +1 and Teven has nothing special.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I get the location from Tranzig, then just go in and kill everything.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I usually go in and murder them all.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I usually go to both Peldvale and Larswood. Under the BG1 NPC Project one of the bandit lieutenants will recognize Kivan and attack you, so I usually kill him first and then go to the other area and infiltrate from there. I also nail Tranzig first of all.. with the NPC Project Branwen has more to say about it which makes it feel a bit more meaningful.
  • Tysonm1Tysonm1 Member Posts: 40
    I used to sneak my way in but then kind of thought it's more fun to whirl twin swords of doom after glugging down a potion of speed. Bandit gore galore!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    whos this ttransig you are takling of¿¿ I'm 5 year old butt i enjoy this gmae a lot,
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    I tend to kill Tranzig, kill the basterds in Peldvale and then go to Larswood, Peldvale bandits give a very little and slightly more XP.
  • Xei_Win_TohXei_Win_Toh Member Posts: 43
    It's a roleplaying decision for me. If I'm playing a paladin or the like who would never associate with bandits, or if I'm playing a stab-happy person, I'll get the location off Tranzig (whom I'll always drop by and kill anyway) and storm the camp by force. If I'm playing a sneaky person or whatever else, I'll infiltrate via Larswood, because killing the Peldvale guys is, as noted by the person above me, worth a little more exp and also the leader carries a +1 hammer.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    I can't remember so what I voted for is what I picked I guess :P
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Kill 'em all, let Bhaal sort 'em out.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I usually learn the location from Tranzig, but the way I enter the camp varies between my playthroughts.
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Usually Tranzig though if Kivan is in my group I'll go through either Peldvale or Larswood. I'm pretty certain he's aching to have to a word with Tazok.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    What if I roll a 1d3 online and go with it?
    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Usually I talk to and/or murder Tranzig, then murder the patrols in Larswood and Peldvale, so.... Yeah, whichever I end up at last.
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    Just how dumb is Tazok? "Hmm, my contact in Nashkel has been killed by a group of adventurers led by Charname... and now a group of adventurers wants to join my bandit camp... and one of them seems awfully similar to the bounty that my boss has been going on about... whelp, I might as well let them join the club! What could possibly go wrong?" Even his lackeys in the tent immediately recognize who you are.

I always infiltrate the camp through Larswood or Peldvale, but kill Tranzig beforehand for the experience/loot. After I settle the fight in the tent, I clear out the rest of the camp. The Blacktalon leader has a set of Full Plate which is very good.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Mitchfork said:

Just how dumb is Tazok?

As smart as your average half-ogre I guess.