Skip to content

My BG2 EE experience, rants ahead...

2»

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

So basically Mark Meer owns all.

I wouldn have been fine with him voice acting all the male characters! He was a good choice when it came to the acting :)
  • LathraelLathrael Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2013

So basically Mark Meer owns all.

I wouldn have been fine with him voice acting all the male characters! He was a good choice when it came to the acting :)
    That would be great if they could get Frank Welker working for BG2:EE, too.

Edit: Also Kevin Michael and Jeff Benett. They might be aged a bit to voice their former characters, but i don't know :P
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310

I think people grossly overinflate the quality of Baldur's Gate's writing. It's a fairly campy high fantasy adventure filled to the brim with stereotyped characters and covert pop culture references.

(just to come back on that^) ..On the other hand, the quality of the BG1 'dream sequences' were absolutely brilliant...to deny that would be absolutely dumb, dishonest & hypocrital too^^ Even nowadays, those dream sequences parts are..well..simply brilliant. Literally. And clearly not your usual 'campy high fantasy adventure' level too, even less usual fantasy videogames styles.. As for the NPCs, majority were mostly naive, old school candor/clichés etc (according to nowadays standards, aka Witcher or Game OF Throne, aka real violence and sexual moves ; nothing as frontal in BGs naturally..another mindset already..), but the whole was always very charming...well, if you like blood everywhere, trash and harsh ways of nowadays of course, maybe not totally for you...but that has always its charm/style. According to the OP, the new content is not UP to that level so..or at least, try the usual stereotyped things of nowadays, so maybe the cognitive dissonance between both contents..^^
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Talking about the guy doing the (best) voices in BGEEs, apparently... 'Mark Meer' apparently?...
    Well, i watched recently a little by accident (^) a Youtube vid on DragonAge (I&II), the banters thing there, etc..interesting too for the comparisons..but i also noticed a thing i had forgotten; the voice of Zevran, was that already the same 'Mark Meer', by accident too?!... Sounded really very close to Rasaad tones sometimes.. i would not be surprised it yes... ^

PS:
    LOL.. nope.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Meer
    Was close though.. 'Mark_Meer' worked indeed on DA serie (+Mass Effect123s..Shepards, no less, of coarse^) ..but not Zevran especially..funny, i would have swore there could have been smthg with the tone used for Rasaad (a kind of funny twist though..// ) .. we stay in the Biobio big family though, in a way.. *//
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Fendrak fendrak'i voice/acting is really good in my opinion. To bring some positive feeback.
  • LathraelLathrael Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2013
    Maylander said:

It seems I'm the only one who noticed that Mark Meer is doing most of the male voices in both BG: EE and BG2: EE. Baeloth, Rasaad, the hippie etc. It's all Mark. He's just very good at making characters sound a bit different, which is why he's so often used as a voice actor for "misc characters" in games. His biggest role is probably male Shepard, which is the reason I notice him so easily these days. Just like Jennifer Hale after Bastila.

Yet he used Adoy's voice on one of the mages on wild refuge, i can't understand why. Still i don't complain much, since he did a very good work on most characters.