Skip to content

BGEE / BG2II runs slow.

My computer specs are:
Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 235e Processor 2.70 GHZ
Installed Memory (RAM): 6.00 GB (5.75 usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Under the graphics option in BGEE / BG2EE it says:
OpenGL Version 2.1.2
running on GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 / integrated / SSE2
driver provided by NVIDIA Corporation

Everyone / everything moves slow. I have tried to edit the .ini files, changing the fps to 60 or 90. Nothing changes. If I zoom in all the way everything moves a little bit faster but still slow. Which is why I Control-J my character(s) often. I have my monitor's res set to 1280 x 720 which is the lowest widescreen resolution there is, at least on my monitor. The highest (recommended) is 1920 x 1080 which I will not use because it would be even slower, and I would need a telescope to see everything clearly on the monitor. If I change the res to 1024 x 768 people move faster but I want to see things in proper widescreen, not 4:3. 800 x 600 cuts some print off too so I would not use that either. I am assuming this is a graphics card issue? If so, should I just replace my graphics card and what brand, etc should I get that is not too expensive? And should I go for something other than NVIDIA?

Comments

• Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
    Well???? Are the mods / admins around to help out? Or at least advice on getting a new graphics card???
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    @KeapomLaffin5 just change the value of the FPS much lower, try with valies from 20 to 50 and decide where it works better. Just your eyes sees at 20 FPS or just a little bit faster/slower, so you won't have much trouble.
    I have the original BG2 running with 25 FPS, it works awesome, even the final battle with Ascension don't gets lagged.
  • chiasmchiasm Member Posts: 23
    Is it instantly slow or slows down after a few minutes? My game grinds to a near crawl every few minutes until I restart. I played BG1 EE without a problem and it only affects BG2 EE. There are some other threads on this but its been a week or two since the mods or anyone even acknowledged the problem. I've had other suggest fixes but so far no luck except playing the game on a laptop that I have occasional access to.
    chiasm said:

Is it instantly slow or slows down after a few minutes? My game grinds to a near crawl every few minutes until I restart. I played BG1 EE without a problem and it only affects BG2 EE. There are some other threads on this but its been a week or two since the mods or anyone even acknowledged the problem. I've had other suggest fixes but so far no luck except playing the game on a laptop that I have occasional access to.

Instantly. No matter that I do (changing the FPS in the ini files) the speed is still the same (slow). I wish someone from beamdog could read this and maybe help.

• betobeto Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2013
    I'm having the same problem with BGEE since I started to use a widescreen.
    so... nobody? :/
    I was hoping the devs would have some input.
    I wanna play but I just can't :( It was working fine before I started to use the new monitor... I just can't understand. :(((((
    Since I am currently playing in 800x600 I have to right click on the desktop and choose screen resolution... I hate changing it back and forth all the time, I wish there was a way where I could load BGEE / BG2EE in 800x600 full screen (not windowed) without changing the screen res on the computer itself.
    Has anybody fixed it? I had my PC formated just to see if the game works and it still slow... :/
    My solution was getting a decent graphics card.