Skip to content

Mage Stronghold: Unable to start

So following the completion of the planar sphere quest, I'm attempting to start the conversation with the lost paladin leader in the Sphere. However there's no dialogue option to offer to try and find a new home for her, which I believe is the trigger for the mage stronghold questline.

I'm a ftr/mage and have already got control of the fighter stronghold, if thats of any use.

Comments

• AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    @SirFrancealot I think you have it backwards - that quest is triggered by having the mage stronghold, which you receive as a bequest from Lavok. Did he give you the sphere?
  • bman86bman86 Member Posts: 115
    I thought you could only have 1 stronghold?

The knights of solamnia can be saved by anyone can't they? ...I might have to go do planar sphere, my memory is foggy
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    @bman86 the functionality to save the knights regardless of player stronghold was added by a mod (I believe it was Unfinished Business)

that's a good point about the strongholds, however. I missed the line where he said he already had the fghter stronghold - I'm afraid @SirFrancealot is most likely out of luck barring a multi stronghold mod.
  • WookieeWookiee Member Posts: 14
    The reason you cannot trigger the mage stronghold questline is you already have the fighter stronghold you cannot have both.
  • SirFrancealotSirFrancealot Member Posts: 56
    oh lames... well that solves that, thanks everyone appreciate the solid confirmation