Skip to content

Hexxat in ToB - During her quest, losing all equipment might happen [Heavy spoilers]

AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
edited November 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
if hexxat dies against the last lich (Korkorran) then it dies, you ll be teleported out of that tomb and lose all of hexxat equipment.

Yep, it sucks :D
Post edited by Aranthys on

Comments

• AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Same problem if you chose to let her die from L's doing.
    You lose any equipment that was on her.

Yep, that sucks too :D
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    is there any way to have L not kill her? im trying really hard but she keeps going mortal
    Yeah you need high CHA and to pick the right conversation
  • pancaropancaro Member Posts: 23
    I have 19 INT 21 WIS and 18 CHA (with ring) i tried a loto of conversation but no luck at all....could you suggest me wich option should i take in order to avoid hexxat death???

Second question: even if HExxat dies Helm of Dragonmir remain in mine inventory and i cannot remove it! Didn't he supposed to vanish after comleting Hexxat quest???
    Aranthys said:

Yeah you need high CHA and to pick the right conversation

SO what is teh right conversation???

edited December 2013
    Just save beforehand, and try conversation path,
    I did that part like three weeks ago, i've forgotten the details.
    tried everything almost.....anyone could be more accurate plse?^
    most options end up in her leaving (Note that I did NOT romance her) but there is one conversation that leads to her staying with you, only if you promise her that if she asks for it, you'll end her life.
    If you indeed take that promise, then she'll stay with you.

That conversation had something to do with saying that what L. proposes is basically just death, and that living as a vampire is better than "just death" in everyway.

Anyway, this thread is not about how you keep her with you, but about a bug in the game, so if you really want answers, go create a thread with that question in the right category, please :)
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Aranthys: GENERALLY the game does not protect equipment on characters. For instance, if, during Keldorn's Quest you get him to meet you at the Temple in 3 days, and then you do Dorn's quest to kill the wedding party in the mean time, Keldorn will become permanently unavailable to you, including all equipment he had on him.

The only equipment that SHOULD be protected by the game is quest based equipment that should you lose you cannot complete / progress. If you can verify that any of that equipment is lost in this situation there's a bug we can file, otherwise it becomes "request" material.
    @pancaro: I suspect the following thread probably is the same issue with the helm:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24031/7015-hexxat-casque-of-dragomir-cannot-be-removed
    edited December 2013
    @Illydth : The game never kills a character on the spot without even giving a way for the party to recover the items. Hexxat content does, in several occasions, and this is soooo not cool.

Edit.:
    And that part about losing Keldorn/Keldorn equipment should also be corrected.
    I'm not suggesting it shouldn't be corrected, it absolutely should and fixing Keldorn is already in as a suggestion. But that's kinda my point...Keldorn, to me, isn't a bug, it's kinda that way by design. Not that it doesn't need to be fixed, it definitely does, but this isn't the game misbehaving...not doing something it's supposed to...it's a correction to the designed way something happens.

As I said, if you can confirm that quest items are lost when Hexxat gets squashed like that, then we have a bug. If not, then we have a feature request to file.

It needs to be looked at and requested to be fixed either way, but priority is the question.
    edited December 2013
    Well, sure, you can label that part as a request rather than as a bug - it's just a different priority/category.

For the player, on the other hand, the problem still stands and should be fixed either way, because as it currently is, it's bad design :D