Skip to content

[Known, #7232] [Mod] - Sendai Bug ***she wont die***

ColdBaelColdBael Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I'm currently trying to kill the drow Sendai in TOB. I have completed the main fight and destroyed all the statues as well as all the summons her final form conjures. She is currently down to 'Near Death' but will not die. I have had the game running normally for half an hour and she still just stands there idly. She is not even fighting back.

Hope you can help!
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2013
    Please check the values of these variables (2-8):
    C:GetGlobal("sprite_is_deadsendai2","global")

If you got a save from before the fight, please attach it too.
  • So_LoWSo_LoW Member Posts: 62
    Same here :/ even ctrl y doesn't help. Checked variables and all are set to 1.
    Ok, thanks a lot @So_LoW, please check another variable for me:
    C:GetGlobal("death","locals")

Keep your mouse cursor over Sendai for this one.
    edited December 2013
    It is set to 1.

She doesn't move too, seems like her AI is gone.
    edited December 2013
    She tries to start some dialog when all statues are dead.
    That variable meant she already tried to fire the dialog.

@So_Low : You can try this: C:SetGlobal("death","locals") while still holding the cursor over her.

That would restart the dialog, i think.
    Only floating text.

U forgot 3rd variable ;p I set this to 0 and dialogue started and she's dead now. Im with solar atm. Ty for help :)
    @So_LoW what third variable?
    edited December 2013
    C:SetGlobal("death","locals",0)

Now Draconis is in "Near Death" state but he didnt turn yet ;/

After reload dat seems to be a bug... again

Near Death state and his AI is gone.
    Avenger_teambg
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    edited December 2013
    If you're having this problem, and think it's likely you messed it up because of script fiddling, you can also use the mind-flayer shapechange to bypass death immunity to progress the story as normal. The portal to exit the enclave doesn't open, however.

If you're having this problem "4 reelzies", however, you might want to bugreport so everyone who encounters it doesn't have to use workarounds.
    Post edited by Tsyrith on
    It worked, thanks for the tip :D
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    edited December 2013
    I was able to recreate this bug by silencing sendai before bringing her to 1 HP. The screen centers on her, but her dialog does not fire and she becomes unkillable. I've seen reports of a similar bug where dialog would not fire in the Astral Prison, where the warden likes to cast silence and Haer'dalis is required for dialog. It seems that the game no longer forces characters into dialog despite such effects.

If anyone else can run a quick test and confirm this is the cause of these issues that would probably be a big help in getting this fixed.

Edit: The Astral Prison bug isn't caused by this, it seems. Haer'dalis is perfectly content to talk whether he is silenced, stunned, sleeping, etc. The Astral Prison bug is caused by Haer'dalis failing to be present in the planar prison at all, which can be done by kicking him from the group during the fighting in the Flagon's basement.
    Post edited by Smilge on
    ArdanisTsyrith
    My fighter has silence effect on weapon so its very possible.
    edited December 2013
    Ah, that's definitely it then. After Sendai used up her healing spells and potions she also went comatose and stood there while my party wailed on her.

IIRC, Abazigal has to turn into dragon form before he's killable, but I'm not sure it actually uses dialog for that. So he shouldn't have this issue. Balthazar is killable and though you could potentially screw up his dialog, it won't matter for the game's progression if he gets his dialog off or not.

The final battle at the Throne of Bhaal is very reliant on dialog I'm afraid, and I think you'll pretty much have to forgo your silence sword for most if not all of it.
    I went thru Abazigal, had np with turning him into a dragon. The problem happened dat after his death its a cutscene with Balthazar and Melissan. After the cutscene both of them teleport to Abazigal Lair near dat portal to exit from Lair. The cutscene plays again and my pt teleport near them then its triggers dialogue. After I managed to hit the portal I went to Monastery but it was empty since Balthazar was in Abazigal Lair. I think its not related but still... weird things happens in ToB while I have none in SoA :/
    Woah, what? The cutscene played normally, and then it played again but in Abazigal's lair? Is Balthazar still there? Can you kill him?
    Well yea that's it. In dialogue with Melissan charname mentions she want to ressurect Bhaal then she change four guards in sumthin, i think its called bhaal touched or sumthin, and starts to attack us. Balthazar is with charname - attacks Melissan. She is in near death state (damn weapon :/). I deleted saves so no need to dig in this prob anyway ;p
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, silenced Sendai can cause this problem. Thanks for the help.

You can wait a bit to have the silence go away then use:

C:SetGlobal("death","locals",0)

While having the cursor over Sendai. This will retry the dialog.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    This was reported as issue 7232 in the bugtracker.
  • AegarionAegarion Member Posts: 4
    Hello, sorry to bump this but I have the same problem here.

I didn't have any problem with abazigal, but Sendai just won't die even after using the "C:SetGlobal("death","locals",0)" command on her.

I'm also sure i didn't silence her and the statues part went fine, she reappeared correctly.

But then she stay near death and no dialog start. Any way to start the dialog manually?

I also checked the "C:GetGlobal("sprite_is_deadsendai2","global")" 2 to 8, all are set to 1.

I hope it's possible to fix, i don't want to start over.
    edited December 2013
    I had the same thing @Aegarion, and supposed it was because SCS scripts replaced her usual behavior, I ended up killing her with a mind-flayer form and changing areas to watcher's keep (as there's no exit if you use this method). Everything progressed as normal after that. We should tag davidw if you've got SCS installed, otherwise I'm a clueless berk.
    I do have SCS installed, maybe i'll report the bug with them then.
    But if you kill her with the mind flayer form, does the story continue? I mean the pocket plane trial and all.
    anyway thanks for the tip, next step : find how to transform into a mind-flayer temporary. Shouldn't be too difficult...
    edited December 2013
    @Aegarion. Yep, it works, cutscene plays in the pocket plane. The only thing that is different is her dying script has a little speech along with opening a portal to the way out, so you have to area-change out of there. As long as you have someone who can use scrolls, it's at-most a trip back to Lazerus's Librarium. Shapechange, level 9 arcane spell. Probably best to continue this line of inquiry in this thread. A savegame might be nice, but you might have to post your weidu log as well. I think it's fairly straightforward to duplicate installations if you have something like this. C:MoveToArea("ar6100") takes you to just outside Sendai's Enclave, by the by.

@DavidW, I summon thee for quick reference.

Post edited by Tsyrith on
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    No idea, offhand. Will check when I get a chance.
    Tsyrith
    edited December 2013
    Aegarion said:

Hello, sorry to bump this but I have the same problem here.

I didn't have any problem with abazigal, but Sendai just won't die even after using the "C:SetGlobal("death","locals",0)" command on her.

I'm also sure i didn't silence her and the statues part went fine, she reappeared correctly.

But then she stay near death and no dialog start. Any way to start the dialog manually?

I also checked the "C:GetGlobal("sprite_is_deadsendai2","global")" 2 to 8, all are set to 1.

I hope it's possible to fix, i don't want to start over.

You should hold your cursor over Sendai to set the local variable.
    Nothing besides silence can disable her talking then (if all the death variables were set).

If you still can't nudge her to the dialogue, check the value of C:GetGlobal("death","locals") again.
    Thanks avenger, but i did hold my cursor on Sendai for the variable, and afterward i checked, it was set corectly, but still no dialog and no death. Like Tsyrith mentionned, i think it's because of SCS.

I managed to kill her as mind flayer anyway, at last! They aren't supposed to cheat ^^

Many thanks.
  • RoananRoanan Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2013
    @Aegarion I know it's like a week later and you've probably fixed it by now, but if all this still doesn't work, you can pop her back up to full health / no buffs by holding the cursor over her and hitting CTRL+R after resetting the variable -- this will allow her a redo of running through all her necessary death variables. She'll still bounce around the stage with her onyx ring thing for a while, but having to re-buff herself will take so long you should be able to smash her to little Bhaalspawny bits in no time. :-)
  • olderon99olderon99 Member Posts: 4
    Tsyrith said:

I had the same thing @Aegarion, and supposed it was because SCS scripts replaced her usual behavior, I ended up killing her with a mind-flayer form and changing areas to watcher's keep (as there's no exit if you use this method). Everything progressed as normal after that. We should tag davidw if you've got SCS installed, otherwise I'm a clueless berk.

I did the exact same thing, however I have encountered a bug that I would really appreciate help with. When I killed Sendai in mind flayer form it triggered the Solar convo and resultant convo with Cyric. However, I did not see any cutscene with Balthazar or Mellisan, Elminster is no where to be seen, and the Monks in Amkethran are just fine with me.

I have no idea what to do at this point and I am about ready so say fuck it and say game over and uninstall.

• olderon99olderon99 Member Posts: 4
    Just to add a bit more detail. My quest log has not updated with the killing of Sendai ( I killed the dragon first). Chapter 10 will not trigger, and am uncertain how to proceed from this point.
    If you post a save someone can take a look at the variables and offer a solution.
    @Roanan Thanks for the idea, but I already tried that and it didn't work.

@olderon99 I had the same problem as you, but i realized I didn't have any problem with Abazigal. I loaded an earlier save before killing either of them, then I killed Sendai 1st in mind-flayer form, warped in another area with the console and finally killed Abazigal normally, triggering the cutscene with Balthi and Melli. And Elminster was waiting normally out of his lair (I think the problem may lie in the area locked in Sendai fight, you have to use the console to go out and Elminster doesn't like that)

I know it's quite the backtracking, but it was the only way for me to finish (and it worked at least)

Sorry if it doesn't help