Skip to content

favorite korgan memories

I think that npc is so fun and great and reading about the new npc endings made me think about all the fun stuff he said many years ago in my playthroughs.

"If it bleeds ive killed it, but if it be drow ive tortured it first..."

To viconia... : )

Share your own about korgan!

"You be a grand enough lot, mayhap i wont be needing to kill you all anytime soon"

LOL

Comments

• AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    @tennisgolfboll
    I remember there was some funny bickering between Korgan and Jaheira when you agree to help Trademeet. Or banter about staring at Nalia backside while marching when you give gold to a girl whom you save from slavers. He also has a funny line when in the forest - something about bloody trees and burning them all.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    : ) yeah the one about nalias backside forgot about that one...
    Clicking his biography is great to. Whoever wrote him did an amazing job.
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    How many writers did BG2 have? The only one I know about was David Gaider (spelling?).
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Luke Kristjanson is the guy who wrote Minsc (and later Jacob in Mass Effect 2 and Aveline in Dragon Age 2, among other characters). I think he did a few quest lines as well.

I think Gaider wrote the Anomen romance, among other things. I know BG2 was his first major project.
  • spawnassspawnass Member Posts: 5
    I dislike how stupid most of "evil" choices are, so i can never play true evil party. But i wanted to try out Hexxat so i made an evil-ish party with Korgan in it and i must say i really like him. Lots of funny lines and a strong fighter. Plus gives me a reason to use that slayer change (lovering rep) heheh
    Playing evil is fine, since you basically play as if you were neutral/good most of the time with the exception of very specific quests (where you might go good anyway, because it seems more logical). There are only about 3-5 quests that have a distinct evil path on them.

I didn't like Korgan when I first played the game, but I really enjoyed his company in my EE playthrough. I was originally going to drop him in ToB for the ToB NPC, but I couldn't let the guy go in the end.
  • AnthedonAnthedon Member Posts: 26
    I mainly remember giving him Crom Faeyr and later the Axe of the Unyielding to dual-wield.

Poor, poor enemies.

"Aye, now this be more like it! The first t' disobey me orders gets an axe in their skull."
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    "(…) and they think to call this civilization! Hah! Blasted bloody humans."
    Epic stuff. The leader comment is pure gold. As is the city comment.

I also love the fact that he isnt stupid evil. He detests slavery and hurting children. Compare that to Dorn eat children stuff.
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    "Thrice over their graves ill be dancin' i swear! STOLEN FROM UNDER ME! I do the work o ferretin out where the blasted book will be and those cragnuts take it away!"
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Favorite Korgan moment is a banter between him and Edwin.

At some point Edwin finally recognizes the usefullness of having someone of martial prowess around and compliments Korgan about it. To which Korgan eventually responds something like this:
    "Aye.. there be nay such a great time as when yer axe sinks so deep in their guts, ye got blood and intestines all the way up to yer shoulder"

Edwin got ill from the colourful description and nearly threw up.

I don't remember exactly how it went, since it's many many years ago.. but it was something like that.
    Love the grave speech!!

And ofc when he finally kills them all!!

Something like:

They does all the work and i ends up with the loot, the gold and the satisfaction of kicking their tails....ahhh a good day
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    Took him along in my mostly-good party just to do his quest, and found him surprisingly likeable. Gonna be a permanent member in my evil playthrough for sure.
  • LorosfyrLorosfyr Member Posts: 18
    I love the banter between him and Mazzy.
    How he tells her that she makes him want to be a better dwarf... I always hoped deep down that the two could spark a romance and maybe an alignment shift from him.
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    Partway into ToB, he went on about how he couldn't take it anymore and poured out his feelings to my elven archer. That was pretty fantastic.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I also get a chuckle every single time he spouts:
    "Aye, the dwarf'll bloody do it." xD
    That one just never gets old.
  • SisterVigilanteSisterVigilante Member Posts: 3
    I never saw this in person so I can't swear it's there, but
    when Aerie has her baby, doesn't Korgan say something like "ach, a pity it happens that way...I was lookin' forward to an omelet!"
    Lol did not know that. So many awesome posts.
    Korgan query: He sometimes refers to you when you click on him as 'groundling'. Groundling is basically the Spelljammer term for 'earthling' or I guess the spacefaring equivalent of the nautical slang 'landlubber'. Is Korgan meant to have some kind of Spelljammer ties in his backstory? Him being a spacefaring dwarf mercenary is a pretty epic image.
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    I laughed quite a bit when i read this.

• killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402

Korgan query: He sometimes refers to you when you click on him as 'groundling'. Groundling is basically the Spelljammer term for 'earthling' or I guess the spacefaring equivalent of the nautical slang 'landlubber'. Is Korgan meant to have some kind of Spelljammer ties in his backstory? Him being a spacefaring dwarf mercenary is a pretty epic image.

In Shakespeare's day groundlings were people who bought the cheap tickets and sat on the ground (now those are the best seats -- but not a good place to be in a time when everyone tracked in dung/open sewer on their boots). Some groundlings liked to disrupt the play and yell insults and sometimes even throw their lunch at the actors. Some found the disruption more entertaining than the play -- like contemporary internet trolls.

So, groundlings were poor, uncouth, ill-mannered people who interrupt the play. So I think Korgan is saying "you are interrupting the thoughts of your better -- bastage" Someone at bioware was into Shakespeare . . .
  • LathraelLathrael Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2013
    Short and accurate answer: All of them :)

Flirts with Mazzy, bullying Aerie for her own good (from his perspective), taunting Viconia, wishing for omlette when Aerie is pregnant, banters with Jan...

Btw he has more problems with evil chars than the good ones. He cares about strenght, not for how it's being used. Drows are exception.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited December 2013
    I love how Keldorn is basically in love with Korgan. The irony of the Lawful Good Paladin dishing out compliment upon compliment to the Chaotic Evil Berserker amuses me greatly.
    Post edited by moody_mage on
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    My favourite:

"Be aware, Mazzy, I've something long, hard and low to the ground ye're free to touch and fondle. Child, no need to glare! 'Twas me axe I were referring to!"
  • manyfistmanyfist Member Posts: 6
    I've only had him for little while, but my favorite line was him & Dorn. He asked Dorn if he had any good stories, Dorn said he went into a forest full of werewolves. Korgan asked what happened, and Dorn said he left the forest full of dead werewolves. Korgan complimented him on his story telling.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    edited December 2013
    Aye...never really used Korgan in the old BG2 even though I liked old Kagain (in BG)...started playing with him recently in BG2EE on 2 occasions and I am having a blast on how much I like that guy.

I remember reading somewhere that he will keep taunting Aerie up to the point, when she stands up to him and he says that it was a secret test of character and he just wanted her to get stronger. Supposedly, he will be more tolerant to her afterwards.