Skip to content

Firewall Issue

Even with the Baldur's Gate II Launcher.app set to "Allow incoming network connections" in my Security -> Firewall tab of System Preference, I still get the following message every single time I start the launcher:

"Do you want to allow baldur's gate II launcher.app to accept incoming network connections?" Accept/Deny

I can, of course, just hit accept *every single time* but it's somewhat of an annoyance. Any idea why this would be happening?

Comments

• rathlordrathlord Member Posts: 171
    Ouch… 7 views and no responses yet.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited December 2013
    Did you alter the app package? It could be an invalid code signature.

Try this:

codesign -vvv /Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ II\ -\ Enhanced\ Edition/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ II\ Launcher.app

You should get a result like this:

/Applications/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/Baldur's Gate II Launcher.app: valid on disk
    /Applications/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/Baldur's Gate II Launcher.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement

If you get back something like this:
    a sealed resource is missing or invalid

then you may need to reinstall the launcher.
  • rathlordrathlord Member Posts: 171
    I did indeed get the sealed resource missing or invalid error, presumably because I edited my dialogue.tlk (for weidu purposes). Will this, then, always be the case while I have weidu installed? I really wish Apple would stop trying to babysit me on my computer, as much as I love my Apple products.