Skip to content

A couple questions about this EEKeeper thingamabob

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this discussion
I always heard about Shadowkeeper but was always too afraid to use it (didn't wanna ruin my game)
Yet now I downloaded EEKeeper and I'm using it.

A couple things I really wanna try out but have had problems with
1. Make a couple wizard spells available to a druid (or as an innate ability)
2. Use a kit as a second class in a dual class character
3. Use kits for multi-class character ( @kurumi you know how to do this one right?)
4. Make a Dragon Disciple able to use longswords (and add melf's minute meteors as an innate ability 1x/day)

Could anybody help me out?

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    ps I go the version 1.0.2.2
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Regarding point 3..

Actually I just used EEKeeper once for creating a Cleric/Stalker, but that's it :) .. anyway.. it's pretty simple.. just create the multi-class char, that you want to change from (for example in my case a Cleric/Ranger) and export the char (of course you can do this with saves, too). Then open EEKeeper, import the char and under the Tab "Characteristics" you can change the Kit (again in my case I chose Stalker), then save the char and import it in your game.. that's all.

Note: If I remember well, you have to at least level up once before everything works as it should and as you might have already read, there is a problem with Backstab for some class combinations which also includes the Cleric/Stalker at the moment :(
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this discussion
    I always heard about Shadowkeeper but was always too afraid to use it (didn't wanna ruin my game)
    Yet now I downloaded EEKeeper and I'm using it.

A couple things I really wanna try out but have had problems with
    1. Make a couple wizard spells available to a druid (or as an innate ability)
    2. Use a kit as a second class in a dual class character
    3. Use kits for multi-class character ( @kurumi you know how to do this one right?)
    4. Make a Dragon Disciple able to use longswords (and add melf's minute meteors as an innate ability 1x/day)

Could anybody help me out?

1 : Not possible through EEKeeper I believe, unless that spell is already available in a way or another to clerics or druids (I could be mistaken)
    2 : only possible if you don't already have a kit (IE : You can't be an Assassin/Berzerker, but a thief/berzerker is fine)
    3 : Yeah it's possible
    4 : Not possible through EEKeeper I believe. Adding MMM as an innate ability will probably require further moddin.

I don't use EEKeeper much, especially for that kind of things (I only use it to fix things when I encounter a bug or a problem, or to browse creatures...), so I can't help you further unfortunately
    Thanks guys!
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    I discovered quite accidentally that it's possible to have 2 kits, if you are Gnome Mage, cause they are forced to be Illusionist. Although, I checked that only on Fighter/Mage multi who is now Gnome Kensai/Illusionist =D
    Funny bit is that when I removed spell slot from being specialized mage, it was given back by the game on level up =P
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @booinyuoreyes have you tried with NI? It is more difficult to use, but it is nice, it took me 2 minutes to make MMM an innate ability, now you have to add it to the DD.
    Also, I can do the first one if you tell me what spells do you want.
    edited December 2013
    woah, @CrevsDaak how did you do that? and how do i add it?

I feel like it would add a "Breath Weapon" to the Dragon Disciple. I'm kinda disappointed in how the DD turned out.
    @booinyoureyes drop that file in you "override" folder, then open EEkeeper and search for an Innate spell named Melf's Minute Meteors, it will be the only one that is innate, add it to the character and memorize it one time.
    I used NearInfinity, it is that easy, but you have to name the files so they don't get mixing the ones the game has, so I named it BIYE (Boo In Your Eyes), not original but there are no other files with that name.
    you are SO cool Crevs. Thanks so much man :)
    Your welcome @booinyoureyes !!!!
    edited December 2013
    @CrevsDaak and @Kurumi

How would I retroactively dual class a character? I got it to work once but now it wont.
    I wanna add 5 levels of fighter to my avenger
    Just upload the file and I will see what I can do, I think it is almost impossible, but looking at the matter would change things. Or just add the levels by yourself in the editor and put THAC0, Hit Points and that stuff as it should go.
    i did add the levels, but they don't appear when i load the game.
    where do i find the file for my save?
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    @booinyoureyes, normally Documents -> Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition -> save (for single player) or mpsave (for multi)
    ohhh okay. thanks man!

It says this file type is not allowed to be attached
    Oh.. retroactively? I've never done that boo. But like CrevsDaak mentioned, I guess it's almost impossible(?).. or at least somewhat complex. Ah.. and yes.. you can't upload the saves here.. so it's best to zip them and then upload them.
    wait, so how do yuou make a rage/mage or the barbarian/sorcerer you mentioned? are they multiclass or something?

wait, so how do yuou make a rage/mage or the barbarian/sorcerer you mentioned? are they multiclass or something?

With my mod I opened the Barbarian (and Wild Mage) for dual-classing, so you can simply dual class a Barbarian like any Fighter, Berserker or Kensai etc. :) - I haven't played a "Ragemage" multiclass so far.. only dual Barb/Druids and Barb/Mages so far :)

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13700/mod-k-s-dual-class-mod-v1-1