Skip to content

[(BG1\2) BUG] nthNearestMyGroupOfType objects (61-69) not working properly. (0813)

AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
edited August 2012 in Fixed
Originally posted by devSin in this thread. Since devSin won't beta test BG:EE, I thought I'd report his request here and atomize it for the devs' convenience.

CURRENT BEHAVIOR:

The nthNearestMyGroupOfType objects (61-69) all return the nearest matching object.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

They should correctly return the nth-nearest matching object whose group is the same as the caller.

Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Bhryaen and/or @Tanthalas

This also appears to be working correctly now:)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Cuv
    I'll move it to Unconfirmed then so we can get a second confirm.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Tanthalas Thankies:) Here is the hotkey script if someone wants to try it, vary it, etc. This will key on anyone flagged as Humanoid in the GENERAL.ids... but you can change what group you are looking for. Dont have to use the General.ids.

IF
    HotKey(D)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ActionOverride(NearestMyGroupOfType([0.HUMANOID]),DisplayStringHead(Myself,~Nearest~))
    ActionOverride(SecondNearestMyGroupOfType([0.HUMANOID]),DisplayStringHead(Myself,~SecondNearest~))
    ActionOverride(ThirdNearestMyGroupOfType([0.HUMANOID]),DisplayStringHead(Myself,~ThirdNearest~))
    ActionOverride(FourthNearestMyGroupOfType([0.HUMANOID]),DisplayStringHead(Myself,~FourthNearest~))
    ActionOverride(FifthNearestMyGroupOfType([0.HUMANOID]),DisplayStringHead(Myself,~FifthNearest~))
    ActionOverride(SixthNearestMyGroupOfType([0.HUMANOID]),DisplayStringHead(Myself,~SixthNearest~))
    ActionOverride(SeventhNearestMyGroupOfType([0.HUMANOID]),DisplayStringHead(Myself,~SeventhNearest~))
    ActionOverride(EigthNearestMyGroupOfType([0.HUMANOID]),DisplayStringHead(Myself,~EighthNearest~))
    ActionOverride(NinthNearestMyGroupOfType([0.HUMANOID]),DisplayStringHead(Myself,~NinthNearest~))
    ActionOverride(TenthNearestMyGroupOfType([0.HUMANOID]),DisplayStringHead(Myself,~So far away from you - Mark Knopfler~))
    END
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Cuv - props for the Mark Knopfler pun :D

This working correctly may be a result of this fix :)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yeah, MyGroup and Enemy are the two sides of the same coin.