Skip to content

Lesser Restauration doesn't restaures spirit trolls strength drain

AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
See title :)

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I think that is one of the things you just have to let wear off.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    isn't restauration meant to counter ability / level drain specifically ?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Well the spell doesn't specifically mention ability drain... In fact, all it does mention is level drain. I think the strength drain is a pretty rare condition (only comes from shadows and spirit trolls) and it will wear off on its own. From my perspective this spell was pretty obviously included to deal with the permanent level drain effect and and stuff like ability drain was meant to be handled differently. That said, there is no spell that can restore ability drain and I don't think it would hurt anything if this spell were given this ability. I am pretty sure the spell is functioning correctly as is, so this is probably more in the territory of a feature request than a bug.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    I might be thinking about 3rd edition lesser restauration.
    Still I thought it had the same effect in BG2, but I could very well be mistaken :)
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    edited December 2013
    According to their descriptions:

Lesser Restoration: only restores levels drained.

Greater Restoration: restores levels drained, heals damage, cures poison, cures disease, cures insanity, and reverses effects that lower intelligence.

I would think that it would be okay for Greater Restoration to reverse all stat drain, but it seem that it is intentional for Lesser Restoration not to do so.

Edit: That said, I don't know that allowing Lesser Restoration to repair stat damage would break anything. After all, you are exhausting the caster in the process - trading one penalty for another so to speak.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Greater restoration should fix the strength drain, but lesser restoration shouldn't.