Skip to content

[Mod] Buffs not applying and other issues. (*SPOILERS*)

djenindjenin Member Posts: 10
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I am playing a modded (steam) BGIIEE and have run into several issues during my campaign.

This is the list of mods i have installed at the moment:

Assassinations
BacktoBrynnlaw
Com_Encounters
Banterpack
Dungeon be gone
Free Action PnP Mod
Imoen Friendship
Viconia Friendship
Sarevok Friendship
Sellswords

I hope it's ok i post this here, since i'm well aware some of the issues i'm experiencing aren't related to EE but rather one or several mods. With that in mind here is a list of bugs in my game:

- Buffs don't apply to CHARNAME after planar sphere; whether it's stoneskin or true sight or whatever spell that applies an effect to my character, it just doesn't do anything. I replayed the entire dungeon to see if i could isolate the cause. At first it looked like i was safe this time but now Viconia and Dorn have the same issue, CHARNAME is fine for some reason. I have completed every other possible quest in chapter 2/3 and only experienced this after completing the planar sphere.

- After completing the planar sphere i did not get it as a stronghold from the necromancer, i do have nalia's keep already, is that the problem perhaps? Can't remember the restrictions from the vanilla game. I'm playing a kensai/mage dual classed with both classes active.

- Dorn reset his dialogue back to hitting on CHARNAME, i rejected him the first time and his romance global was set to 3. All of a sudden after killing firkraag, his global reset back to 1 and the "sparring" dialogue popped up again.

- Perhaps related to the above issue: I chose to betray mr. Windspear and kill him for the deed of the lands, after giving it to firkraag, i did get the experience and item(s) but the quest in my log did not update.

-Similarly, Hexxat's quest is still set to "Hexxat's Request" in my journal indicating I should get her the Shroud(which I did some time ago).

The last 3 issues are pretty minor in my opinion, the first one however is quite game-breaking, I could skip the planar sphere i suppose but then, aside from missing out on some good stuff, i fear some underlining issue that caused this in the first place will pop up again later in the game.

PS Is the Hexxat Romance supposed to be slow?

Thanks for reading

Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    1) It is intended the your character can only get one stronghold, at least in the base game.

2) Someone else will have to answer about the intended pacing of the Hexxat romance; I haven't done that yet.

As for all the rest, it may be hard for anyone to answer or provide a solution, with so many different mods installed. You best bet is to do some troubleshooting yourself, to determine where the fault lies. Uninstall all the mods and see if the problem(s) go away - if so then a mod is to blame, if not then perhaps this is a bug with the base game. If a mod is at fault, add then back in one at a time, checking each time to see if the problem has returned. When the bug resurfaces, the mod you just added is at fault (possibly in conjunction with one of the other mods you have previously added - further testing should narrow down which combination is responsible). Once you know the source of the bug then you can report it to the appropriate party, with the details necessary to replicate it so that fixing it will be possible.
  • djenindjenin Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the reply!

I uninstalled all mods, as you suggested, but the problem of not being able to apply any spells/buffs persists in the save game after the sphere. Could something have affected my save permanently? I'll try playing through the planar sphere without any mods installed and see what happens.

I would love to know which global to use to set Dorn back to the dialogue path he's supposed to be on though. I had the dialogue for his second quest pop-up but i had to reload that game because windspear did not turn hostile as i expected when i told him of my intentions to betray him. Instead he ran away, so i reloaded and killed him on sight. Dorn's dialogue path seems to have reset after that happened the way it did.

EDIT: Playing through the planar sphere without mods got me past the bug. I haven't yet located the culprit, but i'll update if i do.
    Post edited by djenin on
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    Sounds like something in one of the mods put an effect on you that didn't end when it was supposed to end. Maybe antimagic from a beholder's gaze? I'm not sure exactly.

Someone else will have to help you with the global variables for Dorn. I know nothing about that.
  • djenindjenin Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2013
    That would make sense, and the beholder just might be spot on, it did happen around the fight with Tolgerias or just before. Leaving the mods uninstalled will do more damage than good, and i can't seem to pinpoint which mod exactly is the problem. I'm going to try and approach the beholder unseen and ctrl-y it. See if i get clear with all mods installed.