Skip to content

Two-weapon can't equip sling but sword/shield can??

The game is telling me that's the case -- I thought you could use a sling and have a weapon in your off-hand.

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Nope. As soon as you put a weapon in your off-hand you cannot have a missile of any sort in your main slots. It's never been allowed.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    that would look really funny
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I believe it's because some off-hand weapons give you extra attacks with your MH weapon, no matter what it is. So if it was allowed you could stand at a distance just holding Belm in your off-hand, and get an extra attack for your sling.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    If Melf's are any indication, it's probably because your offhand weapon damage would be added to your sling attacks with every hit, thanks to a quirk in the code. Sling Bullets hitting for "+Crom Faeyr" damage each strike would be slightly over the top.
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Yes.. that one was normal from the start at least; i guess that's because slings are supposed to be 1 hand, and shields too..so np (but 2H swords/etc take 2 hands, so, etc, etc..)...

Now, i had a similar (and always have) question about throwing axes/daggers!.. We all know those ones have 2 modes..throwing/melee.. i always expected the melee mode could allow a standard dual handling with another usual 1hand melee axe in the off hand for exemple... but nope, the engine doesn't allow that one too (aka understading the throwing thing as a 'throwing thing' only..).. pity too that one.. i always would have loved to melee a few dual fights with Azuredge (on its melee mode obviously) and another melee weapon in the off hand..but never was possible too sigh.. ,( :)
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    I think they should implement an alter net weapon slot were you can put a ranged weapon so you don't have to constantly switch between the two.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    melf's minute meteor glitch is still active?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    @kamuizin

They worked around it by making Melf's forcibly unequip your gear, the glitch itself is engine based and still in place as far as I'm aware.
  • amftronamftron Member Posts: 109
    I just wish i could dual wield darts.....
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639

Stab one guy and shoot several others with a crossbow, Riddick Style or something.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    So I'm going to try to approach the subject from entirely different point of view. Namely: if you wear shield, it's mostly attached to your forearm with a grip for your fist. Now, you can release the grip and the shield still won't fall. That is not the case with, say, a sword.

And we all know that you have to put another bullet in your sling somehow :) It would be really awkward to try to do it with a sword in second hand. Borderline not worth the risk and it's much easier to do it with a shield :)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited December 2013
    amftron said:

I just wish i could dual wield darts.....

Been saying that for years. I'd totally play an assassin if I could (Ninja).

However, I could be totally wrong, but I heard somewhere darts get an extra attack per round compared to slings. That sounds wrong, but I definitely heard it somewhere.

Stab one guy and shoot several others with a crossbow, Riddick Style or something.
    Would be cool with a Drow handcrossboe
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Lathlaer said:

So I'm going to try to approach the subject from entirely different point of view. Namely: if you wear shield, it's mostly attached to your forearm with a grip for your fist. Now, you can release the grip and the shield still won't fall. That is not the case with, say, a sword.

And we all know that you have to put another bullet in your sling somehow :) It would be really awkward to try to do it with a sword in second hand. Borderline not worth the risk and it's much easier to do it with a shield :)

Carry the bullets in your mouth and spit them into the sling pouch as needed... ;-)

• RazaDelromRazaDelrom Member Posts: 149
    Even though I can picture a (throwable) knife and a shield, a sling or slingshot is always a two handed weapon. See for yourself:
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Having a weapon connected to the forearm just like a shield was also used. But as mentioned its the engine that limits it. Two wep style is also the best style so its gooe balance wise.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Nerva said:

The game is telling me that's the case -- I thought you could use a sling and have a weapon in your off-hand.

There's a reason why it's called a "Two-Handed" sword.

• AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    Pantalion said:

@kamuizin

They worked around it by making Melf's forcibly unequip your gear, the glitch itself is engine based and still in place as far as I'm aware.

I hate that implementation. When my mage runs out he goes and walks up to people to punch them like a moron.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

However, I could be totally wrong, but I heard somewhere darts get an extra attack per round compared to slings. That sounds wrong, but I definitely heard it somewhere.

A character using a sling gets a base of 1 attack per round. A character using a bow gets a base of 2 attacks per round. A character using darts gets a base of 3 attacks per round. If you get extra attacks (through weapon proficiencies, fighter levels, etc.) those stack on the base attacks so that a level 13 fighter with grand mastery should have 5 attacks per round with darts and 3 per round with a sling before haste or any other status effect comes into play.

• PhonantiphonPhonantiphon Member Posts: 3
    I'm gonna necro this thread...
    ...Of course I forgot that you can't quickslot a single hand weapon and a two hand weapon at the same time...
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Even though I can picture a (throwable) knife and a shield, a sling or slingshot is always a two handed weapon. See for yourself:

The different ways to use a sling cannot be numbered, and I assure you many use only one arm.
    Lathlaer said:

Technically, you *can* pick up a bullet with one hand and drop it into the sling like a boss. It feels totally badass when you get it, but it works about every 100 times, so I don't know now consistent that would be:)