Skip to content

Candlekeep High: The Baldur's Gate cast goes to prom

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
On the "misconceptions" thread we were discussing with @nano and @kidcarnival what a highschool or college would look like with the Baldur's Gate cast :D It was a lot of fun, but it should be its own thread so here it is.

I'd love to hear more suggestions and, even better, alternative fun places we can put the cast of our favorite rpg. I think this game is fun and challenging :)

Here we go (from myself, KidCarnival and Nano.... please give your own suggestions!)

Edwin would be the eccentric university professor who is respected by his peers for his academic accomplishments, but hated for his arrogance and bragging about them

Quayle would be the professor who thinks he is well respected by his peers for his academic accomplishments, but actually is not.

Imoen would be the 10th grade English Literature teacher who still has her students make dioramas and colorful posters for "book reports".

Ajantis would be the strict math teacher who has trouble controlling unruly classes despite being an aspiring authoritarian. "Com'on guys, Helm wouldn't like that"

Garrick would be the incompetent art teacher.

Minsc would be the overly-enthusiastic gym teacher and football coach (Boo takes care of the details)

Yoshimo is the mysterious, super-suave foreign exchange student.

Eldoth would be the 23 year old senior who's the campus weed dealer and dates freshman girls.

Skie would be the bratty freshman cheerleader captain who expects good grades simply for showing up.

Jaheira could be a biology teacher who insists on equality for parasites and gives bad grades for students who don't "respect all of nature's children equally". Radical hippie biology teacher.

Khalid would be the substitute teacher that gets no respect.

Coran would be the young "cool" teacher that all the girls have a crush on.

Safana would be the hot English teacher that all the guys fawn over.

Alora would be the typical overly-friendly lunchlady. All the students love her, though they rarely seem to get the correct change back.

Yeslick would be the cook in the cafeteria. Many students try to steal his beer.

Neera would be the crazy chemistry teacher who's experiments always make the fire alarm go off.

Kivan would be the grumpy janitor that scares all the freshman.

Jan would be the shop teacher with all the hilarious stories that students hang out with during lunch breaks, and runs a black market in junk food

Nalia would be the sociology major who takes her subject super seriously and insists on everything being politically correct. She's the president of half the after-school activities and founder of half the clubs.

Aerie would be the teacher's pet who always makes the Honor Roll. She is in all of Nalia's clubs.

Hexxat is the goth girl who sits in the back of the class. She makes Aerie uncomfortable.

Haer-Dalis would be the Hipster Art Student.

Xzar would be the crazy goth kid who shows up with slipknot shirts and facepaint.

Monty would be in detention.... always.

Korgan is the gruff, over-aggressive hall monitor/security guard. The school has been sued on multiple occasions, but can't get rid of him because Kagain is his Union Representative.

Valygar is the more responsible security guard. Usually proctors tests and watches Monty in the detention hall.

Cernd is the campus groundskeeper, who students come to seeking wise counsel on life decisions and relationship advice.

Dorn is the bad-boy senior who comes to school on a Harley. You don't wanna take him home to your mother.

Shar-teel would be the star athlete who resents all the guys because there isn't a girl's football team and she's stuck playing a no-contact sport like volleyball. Majors in Women's Studies and says she hates Dorn (lotsa sexual tension).

Dynaheir is the head of the language department. Often at odds with Edwin.

Viconia would be the punk girl with tons of piercings who loves to say shocking things to get a rise out of people and keeps getting sent home because her shirt has something rude.

Rasaad would be the Ethics and Philosophy teacher who leads the afterschool Yoga Club. Nalia is president.

Mazzy would be the star student that they put on the front of all the newsletters.

Faldorn would be an "alternative" teacher who tries to convince parents to sign up the kids for "Politics explained by Pottery" and "Expressionistic Math in Dance".

Kagain would be the controversial Business Law professor that concerned parents worry about at the Parent-Teacher Confrences.

Keldorn is the concerned parent at the Parent-Teacher Conferences. He often inquires about Kagain's curriculum to the assistant principle.

Tiax would be the evil assistant principle who thinks he is the real principle.

Xan would be the real principle who's the only one who realizes the students are all doomed :)

Koveras is the mysterious recent transfer student... and the adventure begins

Please add your own! Or your own ideas :)
Post edited by booinyoureyes on
nanoAnduinmylegbigFredjoNonnahswriterCalmarAristilliusIllustairelminsterCrevsDaakNight_WatchSCARY_WIZARDlunarAdulrecklessheartAnterosSethDaviswintersBlackravenJenzafarchickenhedJuliusBorisovlolienNimranLemernisrufus_hobartGrumSkatanButtercheeseOudynAbi_DalzimMirandel[Deleted User]helmo1977

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I am pretty sure @Coutelier has played with this concept, in awesome digital art form too! Though if I remember correctly, it was focused on Aerie and Imoen. I don't remember much of the plot if there was one... too busy admiring the lovely... erm... art! Yes the art!
    rufus_hobart
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Tell him to share! I'd love to see the cast in multiple situations.

I was thinking
    1. A mall
    2. The government (Jaheira head of the EPA, kagain in the treasury department, etc.)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2013
    "Eldoth would be the 23 year old senior who's the campus weed dealer and dates freshman girls."

Ha so true.

With regard to the other characters I think Faldorn would be a lot different than what you describe.
    booinyoureyes
    edited December 2013
    elminster said:

"Eldoth would be the 23 year old senior who's the campus weed dealer and dates freshman girls."

Ha so true.

With regard to the other characters I think Faldorn would be a lot different than what you describe.

That one wasn't mine, and I don't really have an opinion (never took her for more than three minutes to be honest, and that was just to see her stats and soundset)

Please give me your Faldorn @Elminster
    Also, what would Elminster be? Perhaps the Superintendent?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Not sure. Some kind of outdoors role that involves plotting to overthrow someone in another position. Cernd is generally more of a politics of pottery kind of guy. Very calm.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I think Faldorn is prolly the new biology teacher that's trying to get rid of the head of hte biology department (jaheria).
    wintersbooinyoureyes
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited December 2013
    I did do some pics of it a long time ago; they're around on the fan creations forum somewhere. There was no real story, although I'm sure other fanfic writers have attempted it (I can think of one which was like a Twilight crossover/parody, with Bodhi and Xzar).

Aerie was a geeky girl who studies hard, but is shy and spends most time out of class in the library or helping out clubs. Haer'Dalis had made a bet to turn her into a prom queen.

Imoen was like the Bart Simpson of the school (Aerie's like her Milhouse), and was constantly aggravating Nalia who was class president.

Faldorn was regularly protesting outside the school. Skie and Safana were cheerleaders. Minsc was on the football team, Shar-Teel and Branwen played soccer (although none of them have fully grasped that in sport your enemies should be left conscious).
    booinyoureyesAnteros
    Gaelan Bayle the student who passes out the answers to all the tests before hand. (Usually for 30 bucks, but you may bargain down to 15k)

Saemon the student who tells on him to the teachers for extra credit.
    nanoKidCarnivalAristilliusCrevsDaak
    edited December 2013
    Wolk said:

Anomen would be the rich quarterback in the football team. He is an arrogant douche and only gets girls because he has money, but he pretends to be a good guy.

I can't believe we haven't done Anomen yet :O He's totally the jock.

Edit: Also no Dynaheir.
    nano
    Irenicus is the kid who got expelled four years ago, and holds a major grudge :)
    WolkIllustairCrevsDaaklunar
    Erinne said:

Neera is that one girl who constantly goes on about how she is "so random".

Which is why Neera seems like a modern girl who was somehow sent through time and space to a Middle Age Fantasy Setting.
    CrevsDaakFredjoBalrog99
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    @meagloth those are really good!
    CrevsDaakbooinyoureyesstargazerb
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    I have something to tell about the Five!!! (and Gromnir).
    Sendai, the ever bored teacher who expects more from her students and screams to them and throws chalks, she teaches them theology, rather boring for 1st course students.
    Yaga-Shura, the guy who did 1st 3 times and now is in 4th but still being not a very good student, he plays rugby like no one else and he bats in baseball like a killer, he don't like talking and he don't has much friends, he likes eating and laughing, but most people dislike him.
    Abazigal is a teacher that was a student in this school lots of time ago, he is convinced that he is the son of Elizabeth II, his son, Draconis don't seems to have a mother, but that is another thing he dislike talking about, he teaches animal anatomy and he has a particular love for reptiles.
    Balthazar is the director of the school, he is convinced that we are all doomed and he discusses about how we are going to die with Xan (I've got that from @Metalloman, he will know, but no cursed sword involved in this doom), he wants to kill all those that don't follow the rules and he is against children going home, he wants them to study at night too, he has a lot of power, they say that he is able to play Pokemon Emerald in a GBA with his pants burning.
    Illasera she is very good at sports, mainly archery and running (the original idea of her was as an Archer), she knows english, polish and dutch, but she tries to talk in spanish to look funny, no one likes her because of being too arrogant, she almost misses of boobs but she still being beautiful and charming.
    Gromnir, he is like the student who is feared because he is immense but he also fears others, he is a very good friend of Yaga-Shura (IRONY :D:D:D:D:D), as both are reclined from the society and they like almost the same things, Gromnir prefers reading and hitting things with tricky things, but he is not very smart.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    edited December 2013
    Let's see, who's missing....

Bodhi would totally be the leader of the vamp-kids, fighting against goth Xan and his posse for who's the least mainstream. (I.e ala South Park ^^)

Boo would be the mascot, obviously. It works especially well if Minsc is on the football team. They're the bestest of friends. ('Surprised this one wasn't mentioned, especially considering the OP :P)
    CrevsDaakbooinyoureyesWolkAristillius
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    CrevsDaak said:

@Nonnahswriter
    Th3 N4m3l355 0n3 4w4k35 fr0m h15 "d34th", w1th0ut h15 m3m0r135, 4nd 15 0ff3r3d thr33 w15h35 by R4v3l Puzzl3w3ll. N0t kn0w1n6 h1m53lf, th3 N4m3l355 0n3 45k5 "t0 kn0w wh0 h3 15," R4v3l 6r4nt5 h1m h15 w15h, but th3 truth 0f h15 cr1m35 t0 th3 pl4n35 c4u535 h1m 50 much p41n th4t h3 45k5 R4v3l 1mm3d14t3ly t0 m4k3 h15 53c0nd w15h b3 t0 m4k3 h1m f0r63t 3v3ryth1n6.
    H3 4w4k35 4 53c0nd t1m3, t0 f1nd R4v3l 5t4nd1n6 0v3r h1m, 4nd 5h3 45k5 h1m wh4t h15 th1rd w15h w1ll b3, t0 wh1ch h3 45k5 "t0 kn0w wh0 h3 15" 4641n, wh1ch R4v3l 6r4nt5 4nd l34v35 t3ll1n6 h1m "Th4t w45 y0ur f1r5t w15h." Pr35um4bly, th3 1nc4rn4t10n 5p3nt th3 r35t 0f h15 l1f3 h4unt3d by h15 cr1m35 unt1l h3 d13d 4nd f0r60t 3v3ryth1n6.

THE MADNESS.

MAKE IT STOP.

On-Topic: I feel as though Boo would be the pet hamster in the science classroom that turns into a ranger by nightfall. Maybe a Robin Hood champion who rescues frogs set for dissection, or goldfish from cruel science experiments.

Never fear, fellow classroom critters, Boo is here! :D
    DragonspearKidCarnivaljackjackCrevsDaak
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    edited December 2013
    Have to disagree with Keldorn being a parent, he's clearly Head Teacher, great with everyone else's kids, hopeless with his own, who obviously don't go to his school but go to a posh private school and resent every last second of it... They'd like to go to his school, at least they'd actually see him them.

And Anomen was the slightly-overweight-posh-mummy's-boy who had to join Candlekeep High because his father's business fell apart and so he couldn't afford the school fees for the posh private school the Firecam kids go to. Being the posh fat kid made Ano a prime target for the bullies until he joined the rugby team, bulked up, lost the puppy fat and started getting his own back by clotheslining his opponents at every possible opportunity. This lead to him spending lengthy spells in the sin bin, though if you ask him he'll tell you he scored the winning try in the final game of the season to secure the league for the team.
    booinyoureyesWolkstargazerb