Skip to content

Dead end in quest "Find proof for Mae'Var's treachery"

spressispressi Member Posts: 9
This happened to me when I had to kill the cowled wizard for Mae'Var and entered his home at night shortly before dawn. While killing the mephits the next day began so the wizard wouldn't spawn after going up the stairs (the golems were there, though). Note that this might also happen if you rest after clearing the first floor!

Observed behavior:
After resting several times and coming back at different times of the day the wizard wouldn't spawn. Also, the door isn't locked anymore during day time.

Expected behavior:
If it dawns while you are in the cowled wizard's house (either due to time passing normally or resting) he spawns on first floor (since he would be leaving the house - breaking your rest if necessary) or at least he will spawn the next night :)

A work around solution letting the wizard spawn would be appreciated much.

Note: I sadly don't have a save before this bug anymore. So I attached my current save game showing the dead end.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Loaded your save game, but Rayic is there on the third floor as expected. Day 23, Hour 17. Also tried resting on the ground floor twice, then went up to the third floor and still found him here. Day 24, Hour 9.
  • spressispressi Member Posts: 9
    That's strange. Works for me too now.
    Thank you very much for the quick help!

The discussion can be closed since the bug cannot be reproduced.