Skip to content

Adding a system for an easy reputation loss

Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
We can gain reputation by playing the main quest, doing the side quests and donate to a temple. I feel like bg1 and bg2 need something more for the reputation loss in addition of killing random isolated Npc. Here 3 suggestions:

1. If you try to pickpocket someone, randomly, 1 on 10 (even if the target have nothing to steal) you can loss 1 reputation point. Peoples get suspicious and know that someone in your party is ‘an active’ thief. You’re not happy? quick reload and try again, its random any way.

2. Adding a new dialogue option on the villager/townsfolk/beggar (those without any quests related). Still random, 1 on 10, you have an option to insult them without any reasons and then loss 1 reputation point. You/your partners are not so kind and peoples around you are keeping their distances. You miss click? Just reload.

3. Trying to sell some bloody scalps to an honest merchant. If you try 3 times to sell a scalp to a good or neutral merchant, you loss 1 reputation. The people see you/your party like a bunch of insensible bloodthirsty bastards.

I have thousand reasons to ask for this kind of features, but I think that this is oblivious for any neutral, evil party.
Post edited by Twilight_Fox on

Comments

• Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Up, for the sake of evil team ^^
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I like getting a rep loss from a failed pickpocket.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    And I'm stupid and naive enought to hope that something similar to Virtue mod would be implemented... That would be awesome. But it's not happening.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    They should let us donate to an evil temple to lose reputation. "Here's fifty gold to the temple of Talos, to take food from the hungry and make people sick".
    Syntia13
    Right now, I feel that the use of Gatekeeper is necessary to drop my reputation at some point. Killing a flaming fist soldier when broking in a house and flee in not.. 'a perfect' method.
  • shadowstriker85shadowstriker85 Member Posts: 14
    I agree. At least BG2 allowed you to transform into the Slayer and lose some rep. First playthrough, I didn't notice the rep lost till I noticed my Paladin was now a fallen Paladin...
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    I would also like an easier way to lose reputation, since apparently the new Half-orc character will ditch you, if you get too good of an rep. I have no interest in playing as a bad guy, but I just really want to experience the game with all the new characters.
    Lets hope then :)