Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Dualing Imoen at 7 (as Canon), where to level with minimal traps/reloads?

I'm making a Dwarven Fighter/Cleric to run the canon party with and my intent is to dual Imoen at level 7 to keep up with the Canon. The problem is that if I do that, I seem to remember roughly starting Baldur's Gate not long after. Are there any particular quests/areas (other than the basilisk map) that I should save that will allow me to get her level up quickly while also minimizing the amount of traps I will encounter?

Heindrich

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    As I plan out my first full BG EE to BG 2EE RP'ing Single-player playthrough, this is really bothering me too. I want to be as RP-accurate as possible, but at the same time, I prefer to play 'as blind as possible'. I have played a full playthrough of BG EE already, and I am currently involved in 2 BGEE MP games too, so clearly I cannot erase my memory of what I know, but I prefer to make decisions ingame for entirely roleplay choices, and avoiding specific quests, farming xp for Imoen etc, seems hugely metagamey.

I even considered dropping Imoen altogether and getting another thief, which would actually be a bit easier to explain RP-wise and still be consistent for the beginning of BG 2. But I really like Immy, and don't particularly like the other thieves...

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Ankhegs, Sirines on the lighthouse map and Basilisks are the quickest and safest ways to get several thousand XP quickly and (with a bit of preparation) safely for dual classing.

• DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,823
    edited December 2013
    Saving the Sirine and Ankheg map until after she duals is essential.

@Faydark

[Spoiler]Ya I had to do all of candlekeep without a thief there too. That hurt, I did more resting in that little area than I had done in other chapters combined. I was primarily using Yeslick or my Dwarven Wizard Slayer PC to open most things/trip most. And I had Yeslick running the find traps spell. Still it was a nightmare.[/Spoiler]

Klorox