Skip to content

Offhand Weapon Bonuses and Backstab

HandofTyrHandofTyr Member Posts: 106
edited November 2013 in Challenges and Playthroughs
First, do weapons like the equalizer and foebane still provide their bonus damage to the mainhand weapon if wielded in the offhand? Second, am I correct in assuming these bonuses would be multiplied by backstab?

Comments

• HacNslashHacNslash Member Posts: 2
    1. I don't believe so. You must strike the enemy with this weapon for it to apply its bonus damage. If this does work, then it's a bug.

2. Yes, straight bonuses (e.g. +3, +4) are multiplied by backstab. Additional dice for damage (e.g. +1d6 fire damage) is not.

I think this is the wrong forum for this question, which may be why you hadn't received an answer.
  • HandofTyrHandofTyr Member Posts: 106
    Right, this was the strategies forum, then the forum name was changed. The topic is probably more in line with general discussion now.

In vanilla BG2 the equalizer applied its bonuses to your main hand weapon- now it does not appear to. I'd never tried it myself, but I had had heard the foebane's damage vs. outsiders or whatever it is did as well. It's good that they fixed bugs, but it does make the equalizer lose one of its only real uses (and even that was questionable compared to a speed weapon).