Skip to content

Dead end in quest "A friend of Quayle's needs help"

spressispressi Member Posts: 9
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
Observed behavior:
If you get the quest from Quayle and free Haer'Dalis afterwards but before going to the bridge district to talk to Raelis Shai the quest gets stuck in a dead end (the following quests "Rescue Haer'Dalis and his gem from Mekrath" and "Rescue [...] from the planar prison" can be finished normally, however).

Expected behavior:
The quest "A friend of Quayle's needs help" should be marked as "done" as soon as you finish a following quest or if the quests are finished and you talk to Quayle the next time.

This might just be a minor bug but do you lose any experience you would get from Quayle this way?

Note: In the journal in the save game you can see that "A friend of Quayle's needs help" is not yet finished but the following quests are done.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited December 2013
    Ah... this appears to require Aerie to be in the party when you go to see Raelis.

Edit: appears I need to read better. I don't think it should be possible to get "A friend of Quayle's needs help" if the quest has already been completed. Will look into it.
  • spressispressi Member Posts: 9
    Troodon80 said:

I don't think it should be possible to get "A friend of Quayle's needs help" if the quest has already been completed.

I got the quest "A friend of Quayle's needs help" before the following quests were even started (no bug here). The problem is that it wasn't updated as I liberated Haer'Dalis without talking to Raelis Shai.
    Most relevant for me is whether I lost experience or other reward this way.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @spressi,

RE: XP reward.

Not as far, I do not think you missed out anything there. The only thing different in the way you completed the quest was that (potentially) two journal entries are not removed and some dialogue may be different. Other than that, the quest should be normal and the XP reward should have been granted upon completion.

When you rescued Raelis and the rest of the troupe from the planer prison.

As far as I am aware, you do not actually get any more XP by having Aerie in the party and accepting "A friend of Quayle's needs help." It is basically just another means to the same end, and adds some extra dialogue along the way.
  • spressispressi Member Posts: 9
    Alright, thank you!
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Moving to Not an Issue.