Skip to content

Druid Avenger - Why Can't I learn spells?

I have a few spell scrolls - grease, magic missle & know alignment, but I do not have the option to memorize them.
Can I only learn certain types of spells?
Leela

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2013
    Druids and Clerics learn divine spells. Basically whenever they level they sometimes either gain access to a new level of spell (like gaining access to 2nd level spells when they hit level 3) or they gain extra casts of spells.

Mages, Sorcerers, and bards use arcane spells. Sorceror's work a bit differently and the differences aren't really important here, but suffice it to say that the scrolls you are looking at here are arcane spells (though know alignment can be cast by either).

In any case for your druid you'll never be able to (or need) to learn a spell from a scroll.

Shikaojackjack
  • leelaleela Member Posts: 23
    I chose avenger because read that the he could also learn mage spells.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Some mage spells. But you don't learn them, you get them as part of your druid spells.
    elminsterjackjack
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    @leela, Divine classes learn all the spells of their respectible circle in the moment they level up and are able to cast spells of that circle. In the moment you can cast a spell of the 3° divine circle for example, you will also learn all the spells of that respective circle.

Exist Clerical scrolls that druids, clerics, paladins and rangers can cast from the quick slot, but they're not copiable to an spell book cos Divine class characters doesn't have an spell book in fact, but rather an list of spells that their deity allows them to pick and memorize through meditation (sleeping in game terms).

The spells that an Avenger can learn from the arcane list, are divine versions that will be found in your own divine spell list.
    Shikao
  • leelaleela Member Posts: 23
    Thank you for the information.
    Leela