Skip to content

I finally find a pretty face and she gets eaten *BGIIEE SPOILER*

lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
Anybody share the disappointment that was..
Hexxat's quest? I liked the first Hexxat that you pick up in the slums, who is all spaced out and vague. I went and did quite a bit quests with her and when I finally get around to doing her quest she dies! Apparently eaten by some Egyptian vampire! Why?! Totally uncalled for Beamdog. Now I have to find another thief that can walk around during daytime. phchssss
Post edited by Jalily on
nano

Comments

• elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited December 2013
    first id advise adding a spoiler tag in you title and maybe making the title itself abit less spoilery

and yes a lot of people have complained about this in some form or another theres quite a few threads about it some of which have gotten pretty big. I did the exact same thing in taking her along for a while befor she met her fate quite annoying. I gave up on that run through soon after
    lelag200
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Heehee... this has been quite a touchy subject for this forum... but at any rate you're not alone.
    lelag200
  • DraconusDraconus Member Posts: 24
    edited December 2013
    Egyptian vampire??
    My Hexxat ended up deciding to kill herself when you finally meet L. I kept reloading trying to pick conversation lines that meant I could keep her and after a few reloads I just didn't get teleported to L anymore so finished the game with her.
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I'm with @Madhax, I don't understand what people like more about Clara, than they do about the REAL Hexxat. Personal preference about looks aside, Hexxat is stronger anyways... I really wish I knew what people were missing with Clara, I honestly don't know what all the hooplah is about, and I don't understand what everyone is getting worked up about. Is it just because everyone used Clara for like HOURS of game time only to see her die?
    Eudaemonium
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Hehe, funny how opinion differ, I found Clara ugly and I was like "no way am I gonna have to deal with that b... until the end?"

of course not :) hahahahahaha!!
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    edited December 2013
    So the second Hexxat dies too? So you can choose the thief that sets you up or the vampires that kill themselves.. pretty depressing options for thieves wouldn't you say?

Recommendations on where to find another pure thief?
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lelag200jackjack
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    @Draconus Jesus, spoiler tag that.
    [Deleted User]jackjack
    Madhax said:

@Draconus Jesus, spoiler tag that.

Don't know how

• kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    There's a bug where if your charname uses the Clara portrait that Clara and hexxat both use a weird portrait so you can go about it that way, I haven't actually played with the real hexxat portrait so I'm rather unattached since my Clara and hexxat used the same portrait.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @lelag200:

You can convince Hexxat to stay alive at the end of her ToB quest.
    Fardragon
    shawne said:

@lelag200:

You can convince Hexxat to stay alive at the end of her ToB quest.
    Oh, nice to know, thank you
  • artyomartyom Member Posts: 26
    Claras voice acting is terrible. I replace her asap even if it means lowering my difficulty and rushing the quest. her picture is nice, but I still find aerie more attractive (although bottom line useless)
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    This isn't mean as any sort of attack, but I have to disagree - Aerie is a terrific caster, and the only one able to load cleric spells into contingencies, sequencers, and triggers.
  • AkuratheunseenAkuratheunseen Member Posts: 28
    It's not so much as liking clara as clara was the one marketed which can be considered false advertising in a way
  • Now that I think about it...

Clara has a pretty face, no personality, and mindlessly follows orders. It's like Overhaul inadvertently created the stereotypical female video game character, only instead of killing her off to provide the protagonist with motivation, they kill her so that they can give you someone with actual personality and goals.

No wonder people are up in arms, if you've played enough games your brain's probably putting up a subconscious "protect me" sign over her from the moment you meet ;)
    AcridSyphilis

It's not so much as liking clara as clara was the one marketed which can be considered false advertising in a way

By that logic, every plot twist in any work of fiction ever could be considered false advertising. Despite forum regulars hounding the devs for months for scraps of information concerning Hexxat, they stuck to their guns and barely revealed anything at all, and they were right to do so when the twist was revealed.
    [Deleted User]jackjack
  • foster79foster79 Member Posts: 30
    Personally I was relieved when:

the real Hexxat showed up, she's great. Clara was boring, I was briefly worried I'd be going through the whole game with her instead of the interesting evil thief I'd been promised. Nice execution on the surprise too.

I just wish Hexxat would romance male characters, not sure why all the other new NPCs are available for either gender but she isn't. I like her story, it's just disappointing that I can't see all of it normally.
    lelag200
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    While Clara's voice acting annoyed the hell out of me, it was still pretty frustrating for my Paladin to see a mind-controlled slave killed in front of him and being powerless to avenge her.

I don't particularly want Clara to be playable long-term, but an option for Good characters to stake the evil vampire could be good. As it is the unkillable Hexxat is chilling in the Copper Coronet, and I'm still carrying her goddamn luggage!
    lelag200
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    foster79 said:

I just wish Hexxat would romance male characters, not sure why all the other new NPCs are available for either gender but she isn't. I like her story, it's just disappointing that I can't see all of it normally.

All the others? Only Dorn will swing both ways. Neera will only romance a male character and Rasaad will only romance a female character.
    [Deleted User]jackjack
    Kaigen said:

Now that I think about it...

Clara has a pretty face, no personality, and mindlessly follows orders. It's like Overhaul inadvertently created the stereotypical female video game character, only instead of killing her off to provide the protagonist with motivation, they kill her so that they can give you someone with actual personality and goals.

No wonder people are up in arms, if you've played enough games your brain's probably putting up a subconscious "protect me" sign over her from the moment you meet ;)

Personality and goals? There's too much of that and that's why I thought 'Clara' was so awesome. All she wanted was treasure, a quest I thought would be simple and quick and allow me to keep a character that wouldn't demand I run all over Faerun doing his or her dirty work.

Anyway, I posted this originally because I hate to see characters die permanently after being in my party for so long. As it turns out, the character that comes after is powerful and I guess I don't mind Egyptian vampires tagging along after all.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    I don't find what's so appealing about her either. I cringe every time I hear her voice.
    jackjacknano
    You guys know she isn't Egyptian, right? She's from Chult. Egypt isn't a place in the Forgotten Realms.
    [Deleted User]KidCarnivaljackjack
    Yes how could we forget about the jungle-island off the coast of Calimshan. A Chultish vampire then.
  • foster79foster79 Member Posts: 30
    Sylph said:

All the others? Only Dorn will swing both ways. Neera will only romance a male character and Rasaad will only romance a female character.

Ahh, I had heard Dorn was and I just assumed the others were too.
  • auburn2auburn2 Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2013
    I must say I was very dissapointed in Hexxat as you find her in the slums. After reading all about her here here for a month my first reaction was like: "is that all ... ok where are Jan and Nalia again"?

As her quest progressed though that changed. The other character you can add later in her quest is much better IMO. Even outside with the cloak thing on she is still better than pretty Hexxat and indoors she absolutely kicks a$$. At low levels she can hang with fighters toe-to-toe because of strength, and her charm and sucking ability are very useful. At higher levels she turns into more of a standard thief since her abilities rarely work any more and she falls behind fighters in battle as she gets no extra attacks, but she is still an awesome thief.
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    edited December 2013
    lelag200 said:

Personality and goals? There's too much of that and that's why I thought 'Clara' was so awesome.

I don't think the new NPCs have any time limit for their quests. Do they? If not you could just ignore them. In any case, I enjoyed all of them so far and don't consider them a chore at all. More fun, more XP, more LOOT.

I guess our opinions differ quite a bit here because I definitely prefer personality and NPC quests to the mediocre thief that Clara is. The only thing I'm really missing with Hexxat is the ability to dual-class. I just don't think a single-class thief without a kit is very good later in the game. I mean sure she has absurd stats, but she has thief THAC0, APR and HPs so does it really matter?

Moczo