Skip to content

[Known 7354] HLA Druid Shapeshifting Attacks Per Round

SporvanSporvan Member Posts: 31
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I've noticed that Shapeshifting behaves extremely strangely depending on what weapons I'm wielding.

If I wield one weapon then my Fire Elemental attacks are 1 per round and my Earth Elemental attacks are 2 per round.

If I wield two weapons then each of these Elemental forms gain one attack per round. ThacO is also set strangely where in some cases the off-hand Thac0 is less than the main hand Thac0.

Surely, what weapons I wield shouldn't impact the Shapeshifted forms at all? This behaviour is very strange.

Other than that those HLA forms are pretty underpowered compared to the summoned elementals...
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• SporvanSporvan Member Posts: 31
    edited December 2013
    Figured out the bug behaviour - when you shift into these forms your off-hand weapon doesn't get unwielded like your main hand does.

This means that you retain the Thac0 modification, damage and extra attack of the off-hand weapon in shifted forms.

It's a beneficial bug so I loathe to report it even with HLA forms being underwhelming. I'd rather see an official tweak to the forms than have to exploit a bug to make them somewhat better.