Skip to content

[(BG1) BUG] Silke's itchy battle finger (0824)

BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
edited September 2012 in Fixed
SILKE.CRE, AR3300, x=3458, y=2143

OBSERVED:
Silke appears to have an incongruous alliance assigned to her so that anything hostile that's nearby her draws her ire and attack. With even Hull and the rest of the Watchers doing nothing but standing by laughing while CHARNAME is brutally attacked in the streets of Candlekeep by Reevor's rats (or Carbo and Shank or whatever) it just seems the wrong sort of irony that Silke comes to CHARNAME's defense if some angry Flaming Fist Enforcers are after her/ him or Karlat or Marl follow her/ him out of their respective inns.

EXPECTED:
Silke is indifferent to monsters about, so long as they're not attacking her directly- as to be expected from an evil sort.

NOTES:
I mean, it's an interesting irony, but... no...
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    edited July 2012
    This one is probably better explained in story format:

My character was taking a stroll through Beregost, decently armoured but completely unarmed (what barbarians carry weapons in civil society?). I took on the Silke quest, resolved on finding a diplomatic solution. To my dismay there was no such option available and I was forced to fight. I attacked Silke (unarmed), after a couple of hits/spell disruptions she fled into the Red Sheaf. I chased her 'inn' (haha), after attacking her inside she promptly fled back outside again. Before I could follow I was accosted by Karlat who seemed resolved on killing me. I fought him for a while, but being unarmed I decided to retreat.

Now, PROBLEM: as I left the Red Sheaf, Silke was of course outside, but Karlat followed me out. But instead of attacking me, Silke promptly started trying to beat Karlat with her staff (Karlat continued attacking me). Long story short (bit late for that now), Silke attacked Karlat in melee and not me, as she probably ought to have done.

Expected Behaviour: All hostiles should fight you unless they have a very good reason for fighting each other. In this encounter Karlat and Silke should both fight me.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    SEEENEMY.BCS should probably be amended to include a !Allegiance(Myself,EVILCUTOFF) trigger, to keep enemies with the script from attacking other enemies.

COPY_EXISTING seeenemy.bcs override
    DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH BEGIN
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY "\(See(\[ENEMY\])\)" "\1 !Allegiance(Myself,EVILCUTOFF)"
    END
    BUT_ONLY
    UNLESS ~16395 200 1 0 0 "" "" OB~
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    edited July 2012
    This is actually a BG1 issue (maybe BG2 as well) and a bit of a repeat thread from this one:
    [EDIT] Proceeded to mention the same thread, most unhelpfully...

@Tanthalas, could you merge the two?
    Post edited by Bhryaen on
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Sure, just need to find the two.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I can add the @Wisp fix.
    @Coriander
    I would also suggest you remove SEEENEMY from Silke, since if she were to perish at an unscheduled moment you become unable to recruit Garrick.

COPY_EXISTING silke.cre override
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY seeenemy "" (8)
    BUT_ONLY
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I don't think that's a problem. More like flavour.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    This change has been integrated internally, and should be present in the next build.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited August 2012
    @Nathan
    Confirmed not fixed.

This one is not working for me. I did as Bhryaen did and lured Karlat to Silke and she was happy to help me kill him.

EDIT: She helps me kill Marl too.
    Script placements seem exceptionally finnicky...

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Ok, so modifying the SEEENEMY script thusly fixes the problem.
    COPY_EXISTING ~SEEENEMY.BCS~ ~override~
    DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY EXACT_MATCH
    ~[ENEMY]~
    ~NearestEnemyOf(Myself)~
    COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
    @Wisp - Is there any reason to keep it the way that it was?
    @SethDavis
    With NearestEnemyOf, neutrals won't intercede against bad men, which e.g., guards do now, thanks to the hard [ENEMY] check.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    @Wisp - hmm, foiled again. Guess we can do as you suggested and remove the script as her other scripts should take care of the same thing.
    edited August 2012
    @SethDavis
    There may be a lot more script changes for NPCs in the works as a fix- i.e., replacing (or removing) scripts as the better fix than changing the script itself. There seem to be a lot of unneeded scripts given that there are already sufficient generic scripts available. I think the SEEENEMY might even be replaceable by a WTATTSGT (or something- have to check when I'm home) so that she does fight back if she's attacked.

I mentioned a few script changes here:

Wandering monster script change:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2859/bg1-bg2-monster-summons-wandering-about

Initiating Conversation despite attacking them (due to script issues):
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1175/bug-initiate-conversation-during-combat#latest
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Confirmed fixed - Silke watched as dogs attacked me. I shot a magic missile on her, she turned red and proceed to cast something on me.
    So, this operation worked, and she didn't became lobotomized either.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    Yep, just had Karlat and Silke destroy me together.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @HeroicSpur that was a good one, haha :)