Skip to content

Zeckul is down

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CrevsDaak
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    the strange thing is that this doesn't seem like it could be the automated system. the system put into place would merely give revenue to whomever owned the 3rd party content that got matched, but does not give a copyright strike, the thing that would take a channel down. so apparantly somebody must have been putting strikes on the channel. the whole thing stinks in the first place, but I began to realize this must be a different case. otherwise all the big names would have been taken down by the system.
  • gamebmgamebm Member Posts: 3
    It is youtube who has made a grave mistake!
    heard that youtube has changed it policy on copyright but how comes other BG LP videos are still there, it must be a mistake...
  • BandaidBandaid Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    Only thing that'll stop google/youtube from getting away with this is if people stop using the service. Otherwise stock up on lube and get used to being bent over.

It's a real shame, I was looking forward to your LP on Pillars of Eternity.

Tards like Pewdiepie remain untouched and quality LPs get taken down, what a joke.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    gamebm said:

heard that youtube has changed it policy on copyright but how comes other BG LP videos are still there, it must be a mistake...

It was the Icewind Dale 2 music that got matched I believe.

CrevsDaakjackjack
  • BandaidBandaid Member Posts: 2
    I didn't even finish watching the BG LP, not starting over on someone else's channel, screw that.
    Zeckul said:

gamebm said:

It was the Icewind Dale 2 music that got matched I believe.

it still shouldn't have created the strikes that got your channel removed. all it should have done was make a claim that you could counter. unless the company that the claim went to then gave you a strike on 3 videos.
    CrevsDaak
    Dafojk said:

Hello Mister Zeckul
    I am so sorry to find out this night that your youtube channels was down. I was/am? a subscriber and I was going to visit your channel to see what was up. Then I was met with the notification that the channel was taken off :/

I really hope they will reopen your channel. I loved your lets plays.

Having followed mainly Cynical brit and Angry Joes troubles in the same regards, I can honestly say that it seems so strange that they just shut your channel down.

Did they not make any attempts to contact you? I think maybe, for what its worth, you should try and post your story on Joe's "Angry Army" forum. He seems very determined to fight back.

Don't just let your wonderfull videos go down without a fight :)

this. get your story out there to somebody with a voice. your channel shouldn't have been removed but rather had the revenue stolen. this is an odd case, but a complete channel shut could possible be ammo for the fight maybe? these are sad times for the internet, and effecting something many people enjoy doing and making it more of a pain than anything. LGR, a classic game and oddware reviewer, took to taking donations for his work because the system is just too much of a pain. I don't blame him, and you don't have to give him money anyway, but he didn't want to do that ever. this system is just too broken that he had to.
    edited February 2014
    Dafojk said:

Don't just let your wonderfull videos go down without a fight :)

Thanks for the suggestions. Youtube hasn't answered me and I doubt they ever will. I understand that some would like to be able to see my BG Let's Play again, in particular, but after getting shut down by Youtube without warning I don't want to see a repeat of that. If they could match Icewind Dale music then they could easily match BG music as well. I don't want to have to babysit the channel and fight a retarded copyright system every day just to keep it up. I can make better use of my time.

If there's a way to get the Let's Play out there that doesn't involve Youtube, I would be open to it.

jackjack[Deleted User]elminster
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited February 2014
    I know there are other video sharing sites out there and I've heard a couple of them are fairly decent, but I don't have any personal experience with any of them so I'll let someone else make a recommendation.

The Youtube legal support said they would review my request and get back to me, but they didn't. In fact, they now ignore all of my email and I no longer even get the automated response back from them. They seem very determined to continue the practices that I think will make their service obsolete in the next couple of years. There are alternatives out there and a lot of people are already moving on to them.
    elminster[Deleted User]JuliusBorisovlolien
  • tnbsciktnbscik Member Posts: 4
    This is so sad, your BG LP was legendary, very documented by far the best I've seen :-(

AdulCrevsDaakgamebm
    edited June 2014
    Indeed... actually I did not and will never enjoy watching any "blind" LP video.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    Looks like he's down again. :(
    Adul
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    elminster said:

Looks like he's down again. :(

That's bad news. I guess I need to eat my words, YouTube isn't seeming to be going anywhere, even though their customer service continues to be awful. However, currently their blatant disregard of fair use and guilty until proven innocent attitude are getting some spotlight by many big Youtubers and on Twitter. I hope they do something about that, at the very least.

And I do hope Zeckul's channel will be reinstated, of course.
    elminster
  • tnbsciktnbscik Member Posts: 4
    False alarm - it was just a youtube bug :smile:
    Adul
    If anyone stumbles upon this thread and is looking for my BG Let's Play, it's been back up for a while:
    [Deleted User]AdulelminsterJuliusBorisov