Skip to content

Icloud saved games compatible with ipad?

Hi,
Does the OSX version have the option to save games to the icloud so that you can play either on iPAD or MAC?
This is a very important feature.
Cheers,
Rob

Comments

• NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Good idea!
    That would be very convenient for those of us who bought both.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Cloud saves are planned and should be compatible across all platforms. There is no date for the release of this feature yet.
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    In the meantime, you can bring over your saves manually via iFunbox.
  • robbo007robbo007 Member Posts: 17
    Great news. Yes this is a *must* feature if you support both OSX and iOS. Do you have the link for moving savegames via ifunbox?
    Thanks, Can I copy both ways? From OSX to iPAD visa versa? My ipad is jailbroken so its much easier to move files between OSX and iOS.
    Yes it works both ways.
  • blipmusicblipmusic Member Posts: 36
    mlnevese said:

Cloud saves are planned and should be compatible across all platforms. There is no date for the release of this feature yet.

Just to be sure: are you saying it won't matter whether I get the Mac client from the Mac App Store or directly from Beamdog when it comes to the future cloud save feature? If not I'll just get and pre-load the Beamdog client today.

It's just that some apps that use iCloud for that - and I will assume you won't if it's to be cross-platform - sometimes have separate non-iCloud versions if you get it directly from the developer, which is a pity (not the dev's fault, though).
    @blipmusic The devs stated that they wanted the cloud saves to be cross platform so I think it wouldn't matter where you bought your copy. But until it's released we can't know for sure.
  • blipmusicblipmusic Member Posts: 36
    Ok, thanks. I'll be a good, daring thief (but not pirate!) and purchase the Mac client early via the canine crew then as I assume the MAS release happens whenever Apple says so.
    Here is some info for the developers. Hope it helps. Does not look that tricky to implement,
    http://gamedevcoder.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/robust-icloud-implementation-for-games/
  • vkbestvkbest Member Posts: 42
    I can't understand why at least they are not using iTunes file sharing for saves.