Skip to content

[Known #5703] [CORE] - Shapechange not regained after resting [spoiler]

supposedlysupposedly Member Posts: 206
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I used the slayer form while in the mind flayer dungeon to open a door. I shapechanged back to human. After resting 24 hours, I did not regain my ability to change into the slayer form.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I'm also having this bug.
  • EllminsterrEllminsterr Member Posts: 3
    I am too having this bug ! Quiet annoying because i used it to decrease my reputation and now i really need it, i can t !
    Thank you, i use the cluaconsole but CONTR + R doesn t work to recover my ability unfortunately.
    Thanks anyway :)
    Any other idea is welcome
    Yes i do mate i get healed that s all :(
  • supposedlysupposedly Member Posts: 206
    Ctrl R does not reset my abilities.
    After loading the save into EE, I do not have the slayer change ability listed. It got deleted by the bug apparently.
    I can provide a save game in which the bug is reproducable if this would help.
    Yes, it does. I didn't notice you had a bug for it already though.
  • Spent2HrOnANameSpent2HrOnAName Member Posts: 1
    I also have this bug, and if it helps here is a save from before and after the change.

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited November 2013
    Can someone add this totally not mind bogglingly dangerous file to their override and tell me if it fixes the issue in a new game?

You could test in your existing game as well if you have the console enabled and enter CLUAConsole:AddSpell("SPIN822") whilst holding the cursor over your character
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    edited November 2013
    @SethDavis Just tested this, the fix did not work for me after following the steps prescribed by supposedly to generate the bug.
    @Aranneas Hah. I was having a hell of a time with that sentence until i saw that supposedly was a person.

I'll dig deeper
    edited November 2013
    @Gate70 - So, you're saying that with the file in the override a new character cannot regain the ability after using it, transforming back and then resting?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited November 2013
    This bug is in the system as #5703 and supposedly already fixed (scheduled for next patch).
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Yes, i will follow that bug tracking too...
    as i noticed a Bard Blade Time Trap + improved.haste (or offensive spin^) + slayer form is very nice.. if could be used a little more often than once...in all *)) ..very easy trick and kinda perfect complement to Tenser Transformations too..from time to time )... just will have to think to put a few little pieces in some Temples if used too much.. even if REP will be never again >18 at the end like that, but well..but should be very useful like that too.....with reappearing transforms of course... *)) ;)
    @Gate70 Thx for the tip /Ravager... long time i did not play, so i don't remember the even better Ravager form too much too..but yes, if even better, should be..even better so, yes) [the trick is of course to almost only use the transform form during the very short time trap period..not even needed to wait too long the first dam thereafter when normal time reappears..&the shortest, the best to control the 'last form' too if i remember a little too..) As for the rep, yes, seems less important than in BG1 (more money too^)...an interesting thing to note if eventually i decide to add 'evil' Hexxat(&co) in the team at some time (to see a little her/their full stories -curious..) )... if i don't take guys like Keldorn or the other Anomen and certainly a few others (Mazzy probably too..HaerDalis certainly cooler too with her/them, etc..to foresee^), should be ok too - REP20 (>18) mainly important in BG1 for the money at first..in BG2, certainly less crucial too anyway, agreed (even if not up to 1 all the same.)) )..especially at the middle end game, when the first form appears..should have less money troubles already imo..anyway) ;)
  • JarlealeJarleale Member Posts: 114
    Adding the "Slayer Change" innate ability SPIN823 solved the issue for me, at the cost of instant change and no loss of reputation (I figure this is the ability that actually changes the PC to the slayer, after choosing to "lose control" and reputation). I have no idea if this screws up variables or questlines related to the slayer change (like at the end of SoA).
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    Here's a little fix for this problem until it's patched. I added the "Give spell spin822" effect to a separate spell instead, since it was removed together with all the other effects added by spin823 when you shapechange back into normal form (one of the effects of spin718).
  • BadisBadis Member Posts: 1
    dib said:

Here's a little fix for this problem until it's patched. I added the "Give spell spin822" effect to a separate spell instead, since it was removed together with all the other effects added by spin823 when you shapechange back into normal form (one of the effects of spin718).

where should i put these files plz ?
  • SerpionSerpion Member Posts: 67
    dib said:

Ehm... I have SCS installed, could I put that file without break SCS?
  • SerpionSerpion Member Posts: 67
    Gate70 said:

@Serpion if your override folder already contains a file with that name, probably not a good idea. If no such file exists you can try it and remove it if you have issues - just make sure you have a save to go back to.

I already have file PLAYER1.DLG in overrride folder :( Is it possible to add required data to my file? Could you please provide some basic how-to do it? Thanks.
    @Gate70 Yeah, the problem is the 10th external effect of spin718 (End Slayer Form). It removes all of the effects added by spin823 (Slayer Change), which includes the delayed effect of "Give Innate Ability 'spin718'" (regaining the Slayer Change ability). I don't think this opcode even existed in original BG2 or at least it wasn't used for this spell.
    @Badis Probably not a good idea to replace it or it might break some other mod you have installed.

If you want to add it yourself get DLTCEP or other Infinity Engine editor, open up the dialog and open up the dialog tree #27. There's 3 replies in there and the 2 options that say "I accept, despite the risks.", you want to edit the Actions of. When editing the Action of those dialog options add the line "ApplySpellRES("D#SLAFIX",Player1)". If you put in the rest of the files from my hotfix your Slayer Change should now work fine.

@Serpion I don't have SCS myself so I don't know if it touches the Slayer Change abilities. Ask @DavidW
    Well..passing quickly today and remembering the slayer form trouble..i checked that thread again and saw the last developments... I just wanted to thank you, Jarleale & dib ! I remembered i tried relatively hard in december (when i had a little time and wanted to play straight..^) under DLTCEP to modify or just find a quick trick for the initial slayer file..but finally had to give up; nothing seemed to work.. and that really pissed me off a lot -among other similar things^- (as i knew i really expected to extensively use that feature -among others- more than once for the end game..was even a plan from the start for the char i had..so my joy^..with a few other little similar bugs related to his very specific class^^). ..i had just not thought about toying around with the other slightly different forms and change those ones back..even less about modifying that *.dlg file!.. thx for that insight too dib.. learning every day ^^ got the file now.. will test it asap, well.. when i will have again a little time to play the game..(obviously, the new official global patch supposed to fix that too -among many other similar little things..- not released yet in the meantimes apparently..): so, thx again for that! And another thing (till then) to think to add to my override folder that is really beginning to be crowded now (not sure i will remember all those things to do later, in a few months, if going on like that!), one.. :)
  • supersmashdansupersmashdan Member Posts: 1
    Did this ever get fixed? I read it was supposedly already solved in the next patch. I haven't played since December... when I run the app it says it's up to date (last patched in November)!
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited September 2014
    Wasn't Constitution supposed to increase by +5 when transformed in Slayer change? In my game Constitution is not changing...

Also, @dib, I don't know nothing about mods, and usually play the game Vanilla. Could you please make a patch that would remove the limit of 100 HP for Slayer form?
    Post edited by Vitor on
  • MacDuffMacDuff Member Posts: 1
    I've been looking online and everyplace says this issue is fixed since last december. I just bought the enhanced edition on steam a few months ago. It is fully up to date as far as I can tell but I am still getting this glitch. I also am having the glitch in which Watchers Keep does not show up, and had the glitch in which hexxat's casque ends up in the player inventory after her dismissal. All of these things are supposedly fixed? I think someone said that that watchers keep error was due to importing my character wrong, from a save file instead of a character file from bg1EE, wondering if that might have something to do with this difficulty as well. I don't know if anyone is going to see this. Sorry about the bump. Just thought I would mention the issues are still persisting in an up to date version of the game. Attaching my save where the slayer ability is still intact so you can test it out.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @MacDuff‌ the 1.2 patch was released before these were logged so will still happen.