Skip to content

Which SoA NPC's should also be romanceable?

124»

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I always thought it was dumb that elves mature slower. They would have to have an incredibly slow wit to be 80 years old and still act the human 20 that they looked.
    booinyoureyes
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited December 2013
    A couple things I'd like to throw in there. I really agree with KidCarnival and Malicron about the friendship paths. I was planning on writing a review in praise of the "friendship mods" (Mazzy, Viconia, Sarevok, Imoen and Yoshimo) that add such content. I've done the Yoshimo, Mazzy, Viconia and Imoen in part, and they are very passable. The content does not feel out of place at all. It really does add a lot to the relationships without forcing awkward romance storylines.

I also really like the idea of mentor NPCs. Keldorn is perfect for a good charname, while Sarevok could have some great ToB content for both evil and good charnames, discussing his history more. The Keldorn one fits really nicely, since he just lost his old squire (Ajantis!) and thus must feel horrible and in need of someone else to mentor. Sarevok has knowledge and experience with the history of the Bhaalspawn and all the lore. He should really have more content to guide the PC in his quests. Jan could also make a good mentor for roguish characters. I can see my bard performing for the Jansen clan children during Uncle Scratchy's 140th birthday turnip bonanza.

Korgan would make a GREAT rivalry for a warrior PC. They could have "killing contests" where if you get more kills than him in the next month, you can get one of his favorite axes, while you would have to give him money if you lose (or maybe he'd ask for... favors of female NPCs... yikes!) Also I never understood why a female mage PC could not become Minsc's new witch! It would make perfect sense! You basically grow up with Minsc on the Sword Coast, and learn the ins and outs of adventuring together, so it makes sense.

If we absolutely must have additional romances, I'd like to see Mazzy (because she is awesome), but perhaps Valygar would be the best. This is simply because I find him the most bland character ever. If anyone is in need of additional content it is him. Haer-Dalis is a good choice as other people mentioned. The Yoshimo idea is very interesting, but obviously a bit limited. I'm actually surprised at the lack of Cernd talk, since many seem to find his character dull, but considering his story with his son and wife, it is understandable why he would not make a very viable romance option.

As far as some of the suggestions I really disagree with? The names Korgan and Edwin do not belong in the same sentence as the word "love" (except for the sentence I just wrote). These would honestly ruin the characters completely. Also, Nalia has a good romance mod that I am currently playing and enjoying (she actually has two). She went from one of my least favorite characters to one I enjoy a lot because of it, so no real urgent need for an additional romance there. Also a Haer-Dalis romance mod I have installed, but have not yet done it so I can't comment.

Final thought: incest is bad, mmmkay?
    KidCarnival
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    edited December 2013
    Oh, god, Cernd is so dull I completely forgot about him when talking about romance interests, and I even remembered Imoen, Sarevok, and Keldorn (none who strike me as people who should be romantic with CHARNAME).

A Cernd romance... I think the big thing is, honestly, what is so great about your CHARNAME that would keep him with you after the Bhaalspawn saga is over when he wouldn't stay with his wife or his son? I could see a romance taking place during SOA and TOB, sure: it's pretty much established that the Bhaalspawn is one of the most interesting beings to ever walk the planet, considering how many people are ready to completely drop everything they do in life to follow you around (and the probable 18+ charisma stat). But epilogue wise? Unless CHARNAME is a druid who walks a similar path, I'm unsure if there would be any future for her with Cernd. I think in the end he'd leave for his druid duties: love hasn't pulled him from it before, and I don't think it would do it this time. I think someone could write it as a romance with a shade of bitterness to it: knowing it's a heat of the moment thing that will never last and will be written off by their lover as just a good memory but given no importance in his heart. But I'm not sure I'd really want to play it.

Still, Cernd's the only male who isn't a shorty (poor Krogan and Jan) who doesn't have a romance being written for him. Somewhere out there, someone's probably pondering a Cernd romance, and I'm sure in the next ten years, we'll see it eventually.
    booinyoureyes
    Twani said:

Unless CHARNAME is a druid who walks a similar path, I'm unsure if there would be any future for her with Cernd. I think in the end he'd leave for his druid d.

Oh no... I just pictured my Avenger getting some Greater Werewolf-on-Baby Wyvern action going on. Thanks for that :p
    nano
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    and thank you for that...
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640

Oh no... I just pictured my Avenger getting some Greater Werewolf-on-Baby Wyvern action going on. Thanks for that :p

There's a sexual encounter with Cernd in the Romantic Encounters mod. I've been too afraid to play through that one in particular to discover if it uses his shapeshifting or not. I mean, I'm hoping not, most of the encounters are pretty classy, but it just puts pictures in my head and they're wrong and they really need to stop.
    booinyoureyes
    nano said:

and thank you for that...

Oh god... I just considered Wilson being involved...
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    booinyoureyesReadingRambo[Deleted User]
    heh. peek-a-Boo
    nanoMontresor_SPjackjack
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    I change my vote to nalia. But it should be for all races. Im sick of no love for dwarfs.

booinyoureyes
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Voted for Nalia, i think she is sexy ;)
    nanobooinyoureyes
  • BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84
    I picked Yoshimo because he's my favorite, but more broadly, what I would really be interested in is a romance mod with paths for Edwin, Haer'Dalis, Nalia, Valygar and Yoshimo that could be explored in addition to the official romances (Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira Viconia in Original Recipe + Dorn, Hexxat, Neera and Rasaad in EE.)

I'd also be interested in seeing a few LGBT romances that aren't with evil characters (implications?) - Haer'Dalis would be a good choice because I understand that Word of God has confirmed, or all but confirmed, that he's bisexual. Valygar might also be a good choice, but I very rarely have him in my party long enough to get a good feel for his character.

Throw in Mazzy, as a romance for halfling, dwarven or gnomish males, and Jan and Korgan for like females and maybe Cernd ("Oh Cernd, you're the most boring werewolf I've ever met, but I love you anyway!") and you've appealed to pretty much all races, alignments and genders.

-Blue
  • ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
    What about Boo the Hampster. I am sure Minsc would want Boo to be happy. As long as you were a great guy/girl.
    booinyoureyes
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Mazzy, because she is awesome! It would also be easier to fit her in my parties, because of composition and my need for a love interest slot she often draws the short stick (horrible pun sorry).
    element

What about Boo the Hampster. I am sure Minsc would want Boo to be happy. As long as you were a great guy/girl.

I don't think that is what people meant by "shorty" romances...;P

Regardless, Boo is too much of a chronic womanizer to settle down with only one hamster hussy