Skip to content

2nd Test Pocket Plane TOB

The one where you fight your negative plane double ...

Any hints on how to beat that one?

Regardless of which adversary I go for, I get creamed. It's either my double to Tomako or Sanaj. Ctrl-Y is looking pretty good right about now ....

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2013
    Time Stop, Improved Alacrity, and Dragon's Breath castings should work fairly well. What levels do you have?

(Also you could probably throw this thread into either BG2EE discussion or just the general discussion since this is currently in the BGEE discussion section).
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    How exactly are you dying in this fight/what tactics are you using? I dunno really what to suggest because this fight should be totally unremarkable compared to what you've already faced.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    edited December 2013
    Same as any other battle you know is coming and gives you time to preoare for: buffs and meatshields (which should be buffed as well of couse at least with haste). Throw in traps if you have a thief.
  • karnagekarnage Member Posts: 92
    I got through it. Completed TOB, but not honestly. What difficulty settings do you guys you? I have it on "Core Rules". TOB is stupidly hard.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Core. I find it the easiest part of the whole saga. The enemies are bigger and tougher, but in comparison the shear firepower you can dish out in return is far superior. Because of the amount of spells and abilities at your disposal you can make yourself immune or highly resistant to whatever the game throws at you.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Shouldn't this be in the BG2 section?

It depends a lot on your party how difficult ToB is. If it's a weird one it might require tactics you're not used to. The sheer number of resources you have means that you have a lot of power but also a lot of room to mess up or ignore them.