Skip to content

Dual Class HLA Bug

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
edited December 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
First of all i'm not sure if this is a bug or an intended act made in the enhanced edition, i made some questions in other threads, and without any comments on them by devs or moderators i decided to post this issue to be evaluated.

Current Behavior: Dual Class characters doesn't achieve HLA skills with the sum of the experience between the old and their new class, the only experience taken in account to reach HLA atm is the one of the new class.

Ex: My actual Shadowdancer (13) / Fighter (18) has an amount of XP in the sum of 3.524.781, still he didn't get access to HLA skills.

The same happens with my dual class Vaylgar (by raising his wisdom to 17 i made possible to dual class him to a cleric). My Vaylgar atm is an Stalker (13) / Cleric (18) with an total sum of 3.751.700 of XP points, still he has no access to HLA skills.

Expected Behavior: At hitting the old SoA cap of 2.950.000 XP points, any character should be able to reach HLA skills. The only exception that existed on the old game was for multi/dual class mages and clerics, as you don't have access to the 10° level spells until you're able to cast 9° level spells.

So therefore i ask some clarify for this, is this an bug? Is this intended? Thx for the time spend in reading this thread.

Obs: Multi-class characters achieve HLA skills normally with the sum of both classes, so an multi-class fighter (14) / druid (14) with 1.500.000 xp in each class achieve HLA skills in both classes. Got this proof with Jaheira's level up in my game.

Comments

• ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    This is as it should be. If it was the sum of both classes, you could have level 1 thieves with UAI which makes no sense.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited December 2013
    ryuken87 said:

This is as it should be. If it was the sum of both classes, you could have level 1 thieves with UAI which makes no sense.

So you say @Ryuken87, but that's not how this worked in the old game, from the same way of think my character could simply never reach HLAs if i make the dual class too much late in the game, what would be surely an harm in the gameplay, the multi-class would become too much more overpowered than dual-class this way.

@Jalily, @Dee, @LiamEsler, @Davidw or any other dev/moder that can clarify this for me, i would like to get just a clarify cos i'm already entering ToB atm and i want to play by the rules, so i wish to know if i should give the HLAs to my 2 dualed class characters via shadow keeper, or play the game as it is atm.
    It worked this way in vanilla. Nothing has changed.
    edited December 2013
    ryuken87 said:

It worked this way in vanilla. Nothing has changed.

Sorry to say but you are wrong, in Vanilla what determined the reach of HLAs was the XP sum of both classes in dual class.
    Ploughed_Jester
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @ryuken87 is correct. This is how it worked in the original BG2.
    In the danger of shamefully embarrass myself, i'm going to reinstall the old game today at night or tomorrow to test this, cos i'm almost 99% sure that HLAs were reached by the sum of both the old class and the new class in dual class.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Still, you get HLAs at 3M, and 3,8M I think for rouges.
    It's the the same for all classes. The first level at which rogues are eligable for a HLA is 3.08m, maybe that's what you were thinking of.