Skip to content

[DUPE 7017] Djinn lamp, Irenicus Dungeon, not spawning the Djinn

toonutoonu Member Posts: 15
edited January 2014 in Not An Issue
The title says it all.

Rub the lamp and hear the sound file of him appearing but there is no sign of his appearance (no animation no appearance at all). This is a bit rubbish :/
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    PC or Mac?
  • toonutoonu Member Posts: 15
    PC
    Tried all sorts of combinations of play to get it to spawn and he just won't spawn :/
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @toonu,

A question and a request:
    • Are you playing with any mods installed?
    • Can you archive (7z, ZIP, or RAR) and upload a save game just prior to activating the lamp?
    No mods.
    We've not uploaded anything, just reloaded our game several times.
    edited November 2013
    @toonu, I mean can you upload a save game from just prior to activating the lamp so that we can take a look at it.

(if you archive it with something like WinZIP, WinRAR, 7-Zip, you should be able to attach it to a post using the "Attach a file" link just below the comment box on this forum.)
    Troodon80 said:

@toonu, I mean can you upload a save game from just prior to activating the lamp so that we can take a look at it.

Oh I see. OK let me do that for you now. Here :)
    edited November 2013
    @toonu, okay, I can replicate it with your save game. You appear to be using a multiplayer game, like this person here.

It's strange. When I use a multiplayer game, or copy one from the /mpsave/ to the /save/ folder, it works fine. The animation is not even playing when using your save game, only the sound. However, using either of your characters in a new game, on their own, spawns the djinn just fine. There's a conflict between the first and second character.

Can you give the exact steps you used to get to where you are, i.e. 1) created multiplayer game, used custom characters (did you create them or were you actually using them in a multiplayer game to start with?), 2) (if) copied game, 3) loaded game and went to Plane of Air, etc., etc. So far, the most important part is how did you create the characters for your game.

I want to see if I can replicate it from scratch, so please be detailed. :)
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    Troodon80 said:

@toonu, okay, I can replicate it with your save game. You appear to be using a multiplayer game, like this person here.

It's strange. When I use a multiplayer game, or copy one from the /mpsave/ to the /save/ folder, it works fine. The animation is not even playing when using your save game, only the sound. However, using either of your characters in a new game, on their own, spawns the djinn just fine. There's a conflict between the first and second character.

Can you give the exact steps you used to get to where you are, i.e. 1) created multiplayer game, used custom characters (did you create them or were you actually using them in a multiplayer game to start with?), 2) (if) copied game, 3) loaded game and went to Plane of Air, etc., etc. So far, the most important part is how did you create the characters for your game.

I want to see if I can replicate it from scratch, so please be detailed. :)

Wow you are being very helpful here :) Well we made new characters, spent about 5 minutes or so rerolling stats. We played as normally as you would expect, no mods or special things, no cheating or hacking or what not.

We cleared out the first floor of Irenicus' dungeon:
    - pressed the button and killed the ogre as part of the Djinn riddle
    - Killed the mephit in the room with the tanks
    - killed Goblins in corridors
    - killed the small guy in the tank "freed" him
    - did the library, cleared out the Duergar
    - killed Cambion
    - Ordered the Golem to open the door
    - Killed the goblins then the tentacle monster Oliphant whatever
    - Killed more goblins near the portal
    - talked to the Dryads and raided Irenicus' wifes room with the alarm bells
    - killed the 2 golems
    - went to the plane of air.
    - killed the Mephits on the left
    - grabbed the scoll
    - killed the mephits in the larger area around the fire
    - Tried to summon up the Djinn but...and you know the rest :)

I hope this helps thank you again.

edited November 2013
    @toonu, everything appears fine for me, even using your own characters. :(

I've tried two multiplayer games, one using my own characters and one using your characters, both appear fine. I've also tried copying both of those to the single player \save\ folder, and likewise both seem fine. I'll keep trying, see if I can replicate the issue.

It is being looked into regardless; 7017.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • MalanthyusMalanthyus Member Posts: 8
    I think this happens whenever you import a main character from baldur's gate:ee , then replace the main character with a different character made in bg II:ee
    If you are referring to my post here and read it you will see that we didn't import any character from BG:EE or I would have mentioned that.
  • chronocorechronocore Member Posts: 2
    toonu said:

The title says it all.

Rub the lamp and hear the sound file of him appearing but there is no sign of his appearance (no animation no appearance at all). This is a bit rubbish :/

Same exact thing is happening to me. About all I can really add is that I did create an entire party in multiplayer and then dropped a few of them for NPCs to have room to join my party. Other than that I'm not sure what I might have done to have caused this.
  • chronocorechronocore Member Posts: 2
    Whoops. Just saw the work around in the announcement thread. My apologies for not checking there first.