Skip to content

After chapter 3

I seem to remember that after chapter 3, some quests would be failed/uncompletable. I've been kind of paralyzed about continuing with the game because of this, though I haven't been able to find anything online.
So is this just something I made up or what?

Comments

• TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    What's going to happen is you'll be removed from Amn for a while, and thus will no longer be in the area to do those quests. You will come back to Amn eventually, though, and there you can do any quests you haven't yet done.

I would recommend finishing your stronghold quest before heading off, though. Timers on those can be buggy, and if you leave with something hanging, it may end up locking you out of your stronghold. In the case of the Thieves Guild in particular, you'll inevitably lose it, but at least that one you can regain.
  • belascobelasco Member Posts: 18
    I specifically left my stronghold quest unstarted, because that's the one I want to wait to do til I get back. Is it basically just anything that's obviously time-sensitive in the journal that I have to worry about?
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Unless your stronghold is Nalia's Keep (which may have some time-sensitive issues: Nalia certainly suggests that you need to go save it ASAP, and I've heard rumors that it closes down if you don't go to it in due time (though due time seems quite a bit of time), HOWEVER: I have never actually seen for myself it close down), then you should be fine. Anything time-sensitive is basically companion quests (Mazzy needs to save her sister, Keldorn needs to meet his wife, Anomen needs to take his test, Jan needs to meet his ex, so on so forth) for the most part. Everything else should be fine waiting until later.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I’ve only ever had the D’Arnise Hold, so I cannot comment on the others… but another thing to consider is that the Stronghold quests may take some (ingame) time to complete.

Even though the D’Arnise Keep was one of the first quests I did, and I pretty much returned on a weekly basis (without interrupting whatever quest I was on at the time), the stronghold quests only occur once a week (I think), and I didn’t get to do the final one or two cos I finished Shadows of Amn before they triggered. I probably don’t rest as much as some other players (for roleplay reasons), but I also didn’t intentionally rush through everything.

I don’t know if other strongholds might also have this problem. So if u get it too late, u may never actually get to see much of the stronghold quests.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Strongholds aside, you may also want to complete the personal quests of whichever party members you intend to keep past chapter 3 - you don't want the timer to start ticking while you're stuck somewhere else...