Skip to content

BG2 QUESTION - NEED HELP

My marriage is over. I can't keep up this charade any longer. i'm ashamed of who i am and my family hates me. is anyone having trouble in the beholder lair for the unseeing eye quest?

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Don't feel bad that's a pretty tough area, one of the more difficult of the game. I've always found that a more stealthy approach works well. Send one party member forward to try and draw out the Beholders one at a time, then lead them back to the rest of the party. It can be tough trying to deal with several of them at once.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    IIRC (which I often do not)

Fire elementals are your friend if you have the means to summon a couple - I believe they are immune to beholders attacks and the beholders are vulnerable to fire - I seem to recall clearing the whole area with one or two of them by sending them ahead (maybe with a stealthed or invis party member backing them up to keep track of them) altho you still have to work out how to handle the other obstacles that fire elementals are NOT immune to.

Good luck...
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    The Shield of Balduran is the key - you can get it from Deirdre in the Adventure Mart, and reflects Beholder Rays. It's not cheap though so you'll need a fair chunk of change before you can afford it.
  • Durlag_ThunderaxeDurlag_Thunderaxe Member Posts: 71
    I can't tell if u are serious or not about the real life issues. But if so... Unlucky mate, hopefully things improve for ya.

As for the unseeing eye. Yes use the shield, or if u thinks that's too cheesy, I find massed shooting with minute meteors and missile weapons works quite well. They don't actually have that much hp, especially the Gauth
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Beholder lair is a joke if you can summon some skeleton warriors. My Viconia summon some of then and raze all the lair down. The Beholder don't use their rays on them and go melee (losing ofc ;)
  • FrogmanFrogman Member Posts: 153
    thanks all for the help!!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Wanderon said:

IIRC (which I often do not)

Fire elementals are your friend if you have the means to summon a couple - I believe they are immune to beholders attacks and the beholders are vulnerable to fire - I seem to recall clearing the whole area with one or two of them by sending them ahead (maybe with a stealthed or invis party member backing them up to keep track of them) altho you still have to work out how to handle the other obstacles that fire elementals are NOT immune to.

Good luck...
    They aren't immune to beholder attacks, however the script of Baldur's Gate 2 set beholders to not use eye powers on summoned unities.