Skip to content

Can multiplayer happen with the same registration account?

SerenityFrostSerenityFrost Member Posts: 8
I purchased the mac version of the game for a friend, but due to a technical hiccup I can't gift it to her. If she were to register it with the same email that I used to buy it, would we still be able to play the game together? I bought two versions of the game (one mac and one PC) and have been billed for both. But since the game isn't showing up as giftable on my account, I'm looking into alternate solutions. (I sent the issue to beamdog support, but it's been 14 hours and I've not heard anything from them. I also posted it in the bugs section of these forums, but haven't gotten a reply there either. I want to be patient, but I'm finding it difficult.)

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I think the answer is yes. As long as it's two different copies of the game what email they're registered to shouldn't make a difference. What you can't do for sure, however, is run a multiplayer game with the same copy installed twice.
  • SerenityFrostSerenityFrost Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2014
    Well one's a PC copy and the other is a MAC, so there's no problem with that. d: If we try this though, and it doesn't work, we can use the re-register option to fix it, couldn't we?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Unless there's a problem playing with Mac/PC together anyway, then there's no way being registered to the same address should matter.
  • SerenityFrostSerenityFrost Member Posts: 8
    Fantastic! We'll give this a shot then. She's having problems getting a beamdog account to work anyway, so this will solve two issues.