Skip to content

Name that alignment! (#2)

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
@Varwulf has started an excellent thread here

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/28642/name-that-alignment-1

I wish to continue it for my own character...

My character... Lets call him Anduin, is a mummified Gnome. He was actually one of the Living 4 before they became famous as the Dead 3.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18257/the-dead-three-and-me

He made his money selling pet rocks to the populace of Baldur's Gate from his friendly craft center at the top of Durlag's Tower (Visit our workshop! You'll be petrified in amazement!). He also embezzled lots of money with his popular pyramid schemes.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17972/x-files-do-basilisks-enjoy-penthouse-accommodation

He has a deep love for Cauliflowers and a frothing hatred of Broccoli.

@Southpaw has actually eaten his brain, which was pickled in a jar. This has not effected Anduin in the slightest as he replaced it with Cauliflower...

Both explanations can be read here... http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16523/black-pits-faq-guide ...This really should be read by all in the forum...

Once, with the help of @KidCarnival, he stuffed three brains in his cranial cavity (it was decided that the brains sticking out the side of his ears still counted as 'contained')

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18275/a-canon-party-story-plan-with-a-love-button-please-press hmmm... my memory a bit squiffy... After checking what was written, it appears I was juggling six brains, before @Southpaw had a brain buffet...

At present he is saving Baldur's Gate from self destructing Eyelar and a reincarnation of King Kog, with the help of @CrevsDaak and @Southpaw .

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25628/it-all-started-because-of-poor-taste-in-headwear ...this is still ongoing...

So with all that extra info THAT YOU the people asked for... What alignment am I!

EDIT: A lot of you have complained that a lack of info is preventing you making an informed decision... Due to this I have included links for further reading...
  1. Name that alignment! (#2)36 votes
    1. Lawful Good
      13.89%
    2. Neutral Good
        5.56%
    3. Chaotic Good
        2.78%
    4. Lawful Neutral
        0.00%
    5. True Neutral
        2.78%
    6. Chaotic Neutral
      30.56%
    7. Lawful Evil
      19.44%
    8. Neutral Evil
        8.33%
    9. Chaotic Evil
        2.78%
    10. He is an undead mummie, not a Baelnorn! He is bound to be EVIL and, unless he knows the spell knock, he has not one thieving skill point whatsoever! He has no option but to be lawful... So ha! ha! From this deduction you have realised I am a bonafide irksome geek with spots!
      13.89%
Post edited by Anduin on

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    He walks the righteous path
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    I read 'embezzled lots of money' and it gets insta-stamped with lawful evil.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    hee hee "pyramid schemes". Brilliant
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    He is Anduin, so he can't be lawfu', snd he does not follow a common good nor a selfish evil.
    So he is CN.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    worth it for the pun
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    "When a halo of prismatic light surrounds the moon, Queen Ester's favored son shall be born into this mortal world, and he shall be known by the name of Anduin", the prophet Wisym spoketh. "Thou shalt recognize him by his burning love for cauliflower, his foul smell and his noble essence. And in honor of his cake day, thou shalt break a column of basalt into five pieces, rejoice and be merry and throweth much confetti of many colors into the air. Thou shalt throw olive green confetti, and shreds as blue as ink, as well as sort-of-gray-but-with-a-tint-of-purple small pieces of paper to celebrate his glorious arrival into the world." And the prophet Wisym went ahead and threw confetti of many colors into the air; olive green, ink blue and sort-of-gray-but-with-a-tint-of-purple amongst them. "Sir Anduin will be the holy trifecta; merchant, artist, seeker of wisdom. A gnome to outlive all gnomes, destined to achieve lichdom despite being chaotic good and that being a non-traditional alignment for liches in general. However, the Eldritch Incunabulum of the Dark Cyst makes an exception here and allows it, so we shall not be concerned with matters of rulebooks and alignment restrictions. Instead, let us turn our thoughts to the prophecy that sayeth that the Kingdom of Lamps shall rise when the Chalice is broken by Anduin, restoring Queen Ester's full power and let her return the summer to the Garden of Cauli, for all of us mortal servants to wander the lush meadows and fields of Her Sheer Awesomeness." [Citation needed]

- Caulicrypha Incunabulum, Scriptures and Proverbs, Chapter 17
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    With your trail of madness crawling along your every post in the forums, I can only name thee Chaotic Neutral.

But I do believe there is good beneath the madness. :)
  • karnagekarnage Member Posts: 92
    edited January 2014
    Insufficient information.

My character... Lets call him Anduin, is a mummified Gnome. He was actually one of the Living 4 before they became famous as the Dead 3......Irrelevent to alignment. ..... He made his money selling pet rocks to the populace of Baldur's Gate from his friendly craft center at the top of Durlag's Tower (Visit our workshop! You'll be petrified in amazement!)...... Irrelevent to alignment......He also embezzled lots of money with his popular pyramid schemes. .....Anything except Lawful Good. He could even be Lawful Neutral here; depending on whose code he was following. ..... He has a deep love for Cauliflowers and a frothing hatred of Broccoli. ..... Irrelevent to alignment. ..... @Southpaw has actually eaten his brain, which was pickled in a jar. This has not effected Anduin in the slightest as he replaced it with Cauliflower... Irrelevent to alignment..... Once, with the help of @KidCarnival, he stuffed three brains in his cranial cavity (it was decided that the brains sticking out the side of his ears still counted as 'contained')..... Irrelevent to alignment...... At present he is saving Baldur's Gate from self destructing Eyelar and a reincarnation of King Kog, with the help of @CrevsDaak and @Southpaw ......Irrelevent to alignment. Motives would be more important; Why is he saving Baldur's Gate? For the betterment who?.....

So what alignment am I! ....... Anything except Lawful Good.
    What?! How is his natural affinity for cauliflower and his fight against King Kög irrelevant to alignment?!

The false King Kög is the mortal avatar of everything that is evil, filthy and broccoli; anyone who stands against this foe has to lean toward good in some way. This is supported by the natural cauliflower affinity, as the wise, intelligent and beautiful Queen Ester of Cauli is the embodiment of everything good, pure and holy. Anduin has 3 cauliflowers permanently implanted into his head, how could he be anything but good? His brain is of Cauli, his motives are automatically good, pure and holy.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Most interesting...

I pparticularly resent @Karnage 's answer.

All my actions are irrelevant.

All!?!
    You will suffer! You will be buried alive up to your neck and force fed man eating ants! You will then be unburied and forced to swim in swimming pool of acid before...

Oh wait...

Irrelevant to alignment

I take it all back..

@KidCarnival knows me better than I know myself it seems... :)
  • karnagekarnage Member Posts: 92
    Alignment has to do with one's view on ethics and morality. I meant no offense. But what one does in their spare time (unless it's something like volunteering for charity or hacking small animals into small pieces), what vegetables they like or dislike; these have no bearing on alignment.
    karnage said:

Alignment has to do with one's view on ethics and morality. I meant no offense.

For an offense to be made. You would have to take my original post seriously... Then I would have to take your post seriously... And to be honest... It is darn hard to take someone seriously when they are named Vodka Boy or Karnage... Seriously...
    karnage said:

...what vegetables they like or dislike; these have no bearing on alignment.

Blasphemy!

Have you always, always, always eaten all your vegetables on your plate!

Think @Karnage think! This is important! You have been brainwashed!

What vegetables do you commonly leave on your plate? You answer imperil's good aligned cabbage everywhere!
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Cauliflower for a brain. Definately lawful good.

...Wait
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Error: not enough data to proceed with naming the alingment. Do you wish to send the report to Microsoft Corporation?
  • JonutsJonuts Member Posts: 9
    Chaotic Neutral. They are obviously insane, and insane gravitates to chaotic neutral. Flimsy guess, but not much there is really relevant to alignment other than ruling out Lawful Stupid.
    edited January 2014
    Queen Ester has bestowed many insights upon me. All I had to do was cast True Sight seven times at once and voila: I could clearly see your alignment.
    But does that not cause a feedback loop that gives an opposite answer each third and fifth spell cast!?!
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    It's clear as day that @Anduin is Lolful Evil. But since that particular alignment is sadly not present within this poll, I had to pick the next best thing.
    Anduin said:

But does that not cause a feedback loop that gives an opposite answer each third and fifth spell cast!?!

If you cast one after another, yes. I cast all at once for a reason. Ester is so wise. in awe
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I say Lawful Good because of the No Brain thing.
    @the_spyder Have you come to this conclusion as it would be the opposite of the Chaotic Evil alignment of a Brain in a jar (a very real 2nd ed. undead monster)

Thinking this through... As a mummie, my brain was removed and placed in jar... Does this mean my Brain was Chaotic Evil, while the rest of me was Lawful Good!

What alignment would my heart be?

(Also of note, I lost an arm to a mad axe murderer, so I replaced it with his and kept his other limbs for spares, as you do, in case of an emergency. What alignment would my left arm be? You have only furthered the debate @Mr_Spyder.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Any enemy of Broccoli is a true hero of legend.
  • KastionKastion Member Posts: 44
    None of this is true and you're bat crap crazy ... imagining everything described in your head.

Welcome to C/N
    @Kastion If only that was true... The world would be safe from the broccoli menace.

It appears you have already been brainwashed by the "all vegetables are good for you" brigade.

Perhaps, once you have joined the ranks of the living dead, we will discuss how you were choked to death by a broad bean armed with sharp looking carrot...
  • KastionKastion Member Posts: 44
    @Anduin

If a vegetable has to kill me, I hope its a beet.

... cause I'll be beet to death ... I'm out.
    ...Ah... Beet the root of all evil...
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    edited January 2014
    @Anduin - undead are not 'Chaotic Evil' because they have no brains (in fact most brainless undead such as skeletons are neutral), but because of the nature of their creation and the energy which they use/take to survive. If your lifeline is to the negative material plane and you actually suck the life out of 'normal' peoples, that is a pretty questionable act. Just ask my in-laws.

Beyond that, you really don't give us much to go on. The embezzlement schemes could be CN (owing to being a selfish SOB who figures that if the people investing don't do the proper research, more fool them) or could be CE, knowing that he is stealing the welfare money from orphans, cripples and old folks and cackling along all the way. Need more info.

Also, minus the brain that he had in life, how can you compare his 'living' actions with the being he is today? There is/should be almost no common ground for comparison. And based on description above, the character now has multiple brains. Assuming any of them actually work, who's is dominant? what alignment was that one?
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Anduin said:

@Varwulf has started an excellent thread here
    He made his money selling pet rocks to the populace of Baldur's Gate from his friendly craft center at the top of Durlag's Tower...

Selling pet rocks! There is no greater sin in the ranks of the Mycelium Guard! HAD I EVER OF KNOWN!
    This is an unforgivable transgression upon the rights of all sentient beings. @Anduin, prepare yourself, a paladin myconid hoard cometh.