Skip to content

In your opinion, who did Imoen study under?

13»

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    jackjack said:

Bards can't dual class into anything, and no class can dual into a Bard. It's…a calling? Actually I don't have a good reason. Probably why they changed it after 2E.

Bards are just too cool for dual classing. It would just dilute their awesomeness.
  • AntagonistAntagonist Member Posts: 139
    edited January 2014
    One word: GARRICK.

No seriously, I tried many times in the past and to this day I have no idea, how is it possible to get through this game with a bard :(
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    technically Elminster is a fighter/thief/mage/cleric/archmage *grumble grumbles*
    It takes two to make a quarrel! Also, I don't know what I did to deserve that!
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Honestly, I played with Garrick in my last game and I used him basically as the worst thief in the world- running around in armor with a short sword, because Immy and CHARNAME Archer did all the ranged I could need. Occasionally I'd remember what class he was and put on his bard song. Eldoth is just about as useful.

Having said that, a bard can be awesome, and will easily bring the way to glory. Bard's are a decent class, it's just that neither Garrick or Eldoth are that good.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I used Garrick as the worst mage in the world and he was actually pretty good. Same with Eldoth. He identified stuff and acted as a Haste dispenser and blasted away with his wand of fire, which is all I really ask for in a mage. I was pleasantly surprised and I would use him all the time if Silke wasn't so terrifying to fight.
  • AntagonistAntagonist Member Posts: 139
    I'm starting to wonder if I had actually ever given this game a chance to show me it's full potential. @Belgarathmth you are correct, it's my playstyle that prevents me from giving other classes (especially the bard) a chance. So I'm going for a solo FMT run just to break the habit.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    @booinyoureyes you've inspired me to make a blade, I've never done bard before :)
    @readingrambo do it! I love my blade. I recommend the rogue rebalancing mod too :)