Skip to content

C... click on s... s... someone your own size!

Just as a matter of curiosity, were those new speeches recorded for BG:EE or had they already been present in the BG1 game files?

Comments

• TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    They were already present. Just very rare. All the party NPCs (and a rare few others) had them, you just had to click like thirty times to see them.
    WitikoCrevsDaak
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    As @Twani says.. if Overhaul actually hunted down the original voice actors, got them to reprise their roles and then didn't do anything more than add a few bonus selection sounds, that would have been a bit weird.
    jackjack
  • victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    On my last several runs through the game, I did try to notice the NPC interjections, and it was my experience that Khalid had the most varied, and most often used. I could even forgive his "My heart is not really in it" interjections because of all his other funny ones. It does help that his voice acting is just brilliant. After the EE came about, he definitely became my favourite character.
  • ArchadesArchades Member Posts: 4
    I actually signed up for these forums once I began searching for answers and found the archived "what the heck did Imoen just say?" thread. I was pretty darn sure I'd never heard her say "do you wanna tell me a story 'bout trollops an' plug tails? Please?" the first time I played. And that thread still never gave me a satisfactory answer about what a plug tail could possibly be (aside from the, er, dirty interpretations)
    Montaron and Xzar (I'm goin through evil this time) also had some amusing dialogue I'd never encountered and some deliciously amusing voice acting.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    @Archades - The dirty interpretation IS the correct one, I'm afraid. Winthrop was a sick dude.
    meaglothWitiko
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    FYI you likely would have only heard those lines in BG1, using Tutu or somesuch would have disabled them.
  • WitikoWitiko Member Posts: 4
    Shin said:

As @Twani says.. if Overhaul actually hunted down the original voice actors, got them to reprise their roles and then didn't do anything more than add a few bonus selection sounds, that would have been a bit weird.

It would, indeed. Hence my curiosity.
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    Odd, I remember hearing those way back when I played BG1 when it was new, but I haven't heard them in BGEE at all :/ I almost wondered if they were removed.
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    Aren't some of these the excessive clicking lines? I thought they kept popping up due to UI changes counting clicks a bit funny. Dont really mind though since it's nice to hear something different every now and then.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Yes, right-click on an NPC 10 times and you'll start hearing them. Each character tends to have 3.