Skip to content

[DUPE #44] - Elemental Summonings bugged

LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
edited January 2014 in Not An Issue
Spell Conjure Fire Elemental sometimes summons two elementals at once.

Elemental Summoning gets more interesting: sometimes it summons an Elemental Prince + normal elemental and once I had two Princes + one normal elemental with one cast.

Sure, it's awesome, but it shouldn't be like that AFAIK.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    The 6th level wizard spell does have the ability to summon higher level elementals. I wonder if that was implemented as multiple elementals or if when a higher elemental is summoned the lesser one is also summoned (that would explain why you get up to 3 elementals with the spell).

Does this happen all the time, only sometimes? Is it re-producible?
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited January 2014
    Both examples are re-producible, as I was able to repeat it on several occasions. I would estimate that one out of seven-ten Conjuring Fire Elemental summons two of them (nowhere in the spell description does it say that there should be two of them - only that there is a chance of higher HD monster which is accurate since sometimes they are much bigger).

I haven't the time to test Elemental Summoning because I got it quite recently but having it in Mind Flayer lair in Underdark, I was able to summon Elemental Prince + normal elemental at least two times.

Oh, and both spells I cast as a Druid - I don't know how it is with Mage's version of Conjuring because I don't bother with them.

Mods I'm using: Saerilet, Yasraena, Rogue Rebalancing, so nothing that should interfere.

EDIT: I have a nice video showing how I first summon Sunnis and moments later, in one cast, Zaaman Rul with a normal fire elemental. Coming soon, stay tuned.
    Post edited by Lathlaer on
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Illydth I believe this is the staggered probabilities bug. Issue 44. If this stops happening with auto pause round end and spell cast turned off then that would confirm it.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Where can I find those Issues? I put it in search but came up empty. The consolidated list has only 7K+ bugs.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Lathlaer The numbered issues that we keep mentioning here are for the private bug tracker website and only accessible to people who signed a non-disclosure agreement with Beamdog, such as beta testers.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Lathlaer: This bug is one that is not on the priority list for the Devs at this point. Given that it's giving you an actual benefit, it's very low to begin with on the bug fix list...and as there is a definitive work around for fixing it, this becomes a bad cost/benefit to spend the time on.

At this point, if you turn off the following two settings:

Auto pause: End of round
    Auto pause: Spell cast

And you cannot reproduce the bug, you're seeing the bug and you can enjoy the "feature" of the game.

While it may not be "working as intended", it is "working as expected".

Moving this to "Not an Issue", if you cannot unset these settings and make the bug disappear, please @ me and we'll continue looking at it.