Skip to content

[DUPE #6292] - Eagle Bow aka Protector of the Dryads (Shortbow +2) recieves strength bonus

daemonblade1229daemonblade1229 Member Posts: 12
edited January 2014 in Not An Issue
Expected Behavior: Character thac0 when firing Eagle bow aka Protector of the Dryad (shortbow +2 from BG1) is equal to Base THACO+2 from enhancement+DexMod+misc bonuses.

Observed Behavior:Character thac0 when firing Eagle bow aka Protector of the Dryad (shortbow +2 from BG1) is equal to Base THACO+2 from enhancement+DexMod+StrMod+misc bonuses.

I noticed this when I saw the discrepancy between my character's thaco with the tuigan bow and with Eagle bow. Assumed this was not intended behavior, or at least I did not notice anything in the tooltip that suggested it.

And yes, I imported a character with this item from BG1. I've never thought it right that the party loses all their items, so I import one character's worth of stuff to divide amongst people when I play Bg2.

Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @daemonblade1229

Unfortunately, we cannot provide support on any item that does not naturally occur in BG2. That said, we already do have a report of this issue in the Consolidated Listing: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27311/6292-core-str-bonus-to-biting-arrow-and-protector-of-dryads-bow

Closing as a duplicate of 6292
  • daemonblade1229daemonblade1229 Member Posts: 12
    Oh, I'm not complaining. Heck, because of the str bonus, with one of the giant belts, it becomes on of the most accurate bows in the series. I'm just mentioning it, for future patching potential. Would probably be an easy fix, though I know little of modding/coding.

Additionally, I don't know that I'd go so far as to say it wasn't intended to be in the second game. I mean, diegetically, it's not like the thing vanished from the world. It was somewhere. And nondiegetically, the item doesn't disappear. It's even got the same name and tooltip. Some of the items that transfer over have different names and tooltips. So, despite whether or not it is available in core original BG2 game, I would say it exists in the EE game now.