Skip to content

EE Keeper changes question

In the old game, when i change the number of spell slots of a character, normally on level up of that character those changes are undone, will this happens in BG2 EE too, if for example, i set Haer'Dalis some level 7/8 and 9 spell slots? Can i do something to prevent this from happen?

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Yes, this is still the case. I gave up trying to add extra spell slots, but I'm sure someone around here could be more helpful to us. I don't think it's possible through EEKeeper. :/
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited January 2014
    want 2 things from the keeper, the spell slots permanent and to change Haer'Dalis pattern, making him happy in evil parties and in bad mood in good parties (after all... he's a doomguard that want to bring chaos and entropy to the world... for gods sake!!!).

@Shin, you apparently have some knowledge in these issues, can you give a help on this issue too?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @kamuizin, for request #1, spells slots being permanent, that's not possible with Keeper. Nor is it possible with Near Infinity or DLTCEP. Spell slots are reset via tables.

#2, not sure about that. I'll take a look and see if there is anything more about alignments in the save file. More than what I already have, that is. It could be like gender, where there is two gender variables; one for the voice and one for scripting. The events (complaining and leaving) that occur are done via tables, but the actual internal value is probably linked to the alignment in some way rather than hard-coded (or via table) to a particular character.
    edited January 2014
    @Troodon80, about the first request @Erg gave me a HUGE help (thanks again @Erg), and taught me how to rewrite the Bard's table 2DA file through Near Infinity (of course i wrote everything wrong making the game crash like hell and @Erg had to revise my changes, thx for that too @Erg!!), so that i already got.

The 2°request is an open issue yet, and if you get a way to make that change i will be eternally grateful to you (more in fact, as you made the first changes in the old Shadow Keeper when i asked for that in the past, which remember me, thanks again for that ^^)!
  • egonegon Member Posts: 94
    kamuizin said:

want 2 things from the keeper, the spell slots permanent and to change Haer'Dalis pattern, making him happy in evil parties and in bad mood in good parties (after all... he's a doomguard that want to bring chaos and entropy to the world... for gods sake!!!).

Chaos and entropy doesn't have to mean pain and suffering. Chaos as opposed to order can just as well be a bunch of kids skipping class and having fun outside instead, or a wild party compared to quiet dinner.
    Entropy could be the downfall of an evil monarch or the smashing of a piñata. And since he's neutral I don't see why he would mind people having fun in all the chaos and entropy.
    egon said:

kamuizin said:

Chaos and entropy doesn't have to mean pain and suffering. Chaos as opposed to order can just as well be a bunch of kids skipping class and having fun outside instead, or a wild party compared to quiet dinner.
    Entropy could be the downfall of an evil monarch or the smashing of a piñata. And since he's neutral I don't see why he would mind people having fun in all the chaos and entropy.
    Haer'Dalis follow the core principle of chaos and entropy, he shoudn't pass jugdment over Main Char actions, specially comming from the planes where nothing is always appears to be and most acts generate unpredicable results in the future.

Nothing in his scripts suggest an urge for being an hero. Most of his personality suggest an indiference toward the opinion of others.
    kamuizin said:

Haer'Dalis follow the core principle of chaos and entropy, he shoudn't pass jugdment over Main Char actions, specially comming from the planes where nothing is always appears to be and most acts generate unpredicable results in the future.

Nothing in his scripts suggest an urge for being an hero. Most of his personality suggest an indiference toward the opinion of others.

Exactly, except for the fact that he's an actor that likes to spread joy and laughter (although often at the cost of others). Also, it's a bit far-fetched to interpret "shouldn't pass judgment [sic]" as "enjoying the suffering of others".

And indifference doesn't mean that you wouldn't let other people be happy, I think you need to brush up on your language skills.
    egon said:

kamuizin said:

Exactly, except for the fact that he's an actor that likes to spread joy and laughter (although often at the cost of others). Also, it's a bit far-fetched to interpret "shouldn't pass judgment [sic]" as "enjoying the suffering of others".

And indifference doesn't mean that you wouldn't let other people be happy, I think you need to brush up on your language skills.
    And i'm almost sure you should revise your statements @Egon and maybe revise your sense of politeness, should we start a flame war in reason of different minds over this matter?
    First of all, there is no reason to revise any of my statements since they are correct.

Second, are you threatining to start a flame war just because I disagree with you and have proven that your interpretation of the words "chaos" and "entropy" have nothing to do with what Haer'Dalis is all about?
    That's probably the silliest thing I've read all day. Where's the laughing smilies when you need one.
    Dude, your maturity is so reduced that i'm starting to feel stupid just for trade words with you. @Dee, can you moderate this issue? Or indicate someone to do this? I'm trying to start my troll behavior recovery program here.
    kamuizin said:

Dude, your maturity is so reduced that i'm starting to feel stupid just for trade words with you. @Dee, can you moderate this issue? Or indicate someone to do this? I'm trying to start my troll behavior recovery program here.

Look who's talking. I merely pointed out the fact that enjoying chaos and entropy doesn't make you evil. You then try bullying me by "suggesting" I revise my statements and then you start throwing insults around. It's okey to be wrong even on the internet, just drop the silly troll act and behave like an adult. You're just embarrassing yourself.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Alright you two, that's enough.