Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition on IPAD. Where's Neera?

First time through on the iPad, I purchased the wild mage Neera (yes, she's an additional cost on the iPad). I just thought she looked interesting, but where is she???
I understand that in BG EE oon the PC she is to be found in Beregost by the temple, but I've been round an round and can't find her. I would probably just right off her off if it weren't for the extra I've paid.... and she looks cute ;)
Anyone in iPad land help me please?
TIA

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited January 2014
    If you walk around the roads of Beregost, she's north-east-ish... nowhere near Temple, u can't miss her. There's an event where she comes up to u and asks for ur help. If u aren't getting that event... it sounds like a bug. Did u buy her after u passed through Beregost?

ps: It might just be me... but I find playing this game on Ipad kinda difficult. I bought it for Ipad cos there was a period when I travelled by train quite a lot, but it's really fiddly compared to PC and I can't micromanage as well as I do normally. I've given up on the main game and just play a bit of Black Pits occasionally.
    SkaffenJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2014
    She's on the beregost map (not the temple map) and is located north of the Burning Wizard.

Around here

HeindrichJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    The Ipad version costs less than the PC one, we automatically pay for the added content like Neera.
    The two post before mine should answer your question, but you might need to start a new game for the change to apply, like you have to do sometimes to get the full benifits of the patches.
    I like playing on the Ipad and encourage you to keep using it, it's a great device. There is only two things I dislike about it: the lack of a quickload button and the pause button, it's too small for such an essential button!
  • SpringSnowmanSpringSnowman Member Posts: 10
    Thanks Heindrich1988, elminster and Wolk,
    Your information was right on the mark. I was looking for her in the wrong place. Found her just where you indicated.

iPad sucks for games like this compared with a big screen PC. I miss the extra functions (like x,y position display) I miss building my own scripts and as Wolk says, it is very difficult to micromanage play. When dedicating a target for instance, there is no feedback and with the size of the target its easy to miss and end up having your archers charge into the target, AArrg! End up having to rely on scripts 8^(>
    SkaffenelminsterWolkCrevsDaak
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    I only play solos on the ipad, maybe a duo but that's my limit. I can't play without rotate party functionality.
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    Should be the same game, other than Imoen, jaheria, and edward most companion you have to look for them and usually do a side quest to get them.
  • outontheporchoutontheporch Member Posts: 4
    Hey there, reviving this thread. I'm using iPad for BGEE, and I didn't realize I had to pay separately to activate Neera (no wonder I couldn't find her). Does anyone know if i would need to start a new game after purchasing her for her to appear? I'm hoping that's not the case!
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I think you will if you've already been to Beregost. The areas you've already been to are saved in your save game files, so changes to the standard game files don't affect them.
  • LoomisLoomis Member Posts: 25

Hey there, reviving this thread. I'm using iPad for BGEE, and I didn't realize I had to pay separately to activate Neera (no wonder I couldn't find her). Does anyone know if i would need to start a new game after purchasing her for her to appear? I'm hoping that's not the case!

For future players information ... no you can purchase in current game and she appears